Social Media and Community Specialist
Located in Bend, OR
A leading Central Oregon team is adding a long-term contract Social Media & Community Specialist to their team .
Where You Get to Live!
Bend, Oregon is the mountain town that has it all! Located in the in the shadows of the Cascade Mountains and surrounded by numerous lakes and rivers, Central Oregon is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise. Check out the sights and sounds of Bend at: https://vimeo.com/200038114
What You Get to Do!
The Social Media and Community Specialist will be responsible for implementing the social media strategy across different platforms to drive customer acquisition, engagement, education, retention and loyalty. This role requires abilities in multiple areas, including social media marketing, PR, content creation, and relationship management. This position represents the company’s voice across the many platforms we manage. Partners with other marketers and stakeholders to create and distribute content that educates and entertains our audience and helps provide World Class Customer Service. This role will also be responsible for social listening as well as analyzing and reporting channel and content performance insights that are critical to our marketing and business.
- Gather information from marketing team and create a variety of shareable content for social posts and community articles to promote our brand, community involvement, and marketing initiative among strategic target audiences within our DMAs.
- Monitor and engage in relevant social discussions about our company, competitors, and/or industry, both from prospects and existing customers as well as influencers.
- Proactively plan and maintain the editorial calendar to support marketing initiatives, brand awareness, promotions, sponsorships and events.
- Leverage best practices and expertise to identify, target and optimize content and audiences to continually improve performance metrics.
- Produce weekly and monthly reports to track social media performance metrics, mentions, and updates across social media and news channels
- Brainstorm new, creative approaches to working closer with community partners and influencers and serve as a go-to resource for marketing team.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of workplace experience, education and/or training is required. Degree in journalism, marketing, communications or public relations field preferred.
- A minimum of 3-5 years social media/community management experience.
- Expertise in social media management systems and best practices.
- Active and well-rounded personal presence on social media, with a command of each network and their best practices.
- Strong writing and copy-editing skills with experience developing written content for optimized social media.
- Working knowledge of social media analytics tools; such as Salesforce Social Studio, Sprinklr, Percolate, Google Analytics, or Hootsuite.
- Working knowledge of productivity applications (Google G Suite, MS Office, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of web technologies and standards used for social media, content management, and user experience preferred.
- Solid verbal and interpersonal communication skills with professionalism and ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Effective and efficient working under minimal supervision
- Track record of proactive problem solving, effectively delivering service within a team; establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with business users and co-workers.
- Attention to detail and project management skills. This role requires balancing several initiatives together.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills; Proven ability to execute medium complexity and diversity of work assignments
- A passion for the work you do and the people you do it with!
To Apply: For confidential consideration, please submit resume to: email@example.com
Express Office: Bend
61379 South Highway 97
Bend, OR 97702