Director of Purchasing - Construction
Located in Bend, OR
Salary: Competitive comp & benefits
The Purchasing Manager/Director will oversee and manage all aspects of the Purchasing process, across all regions of the organization. The position is responsible for product planning and placement, cost and quality management, bid analysis, and contract administration. The Manager/Director of Purchasing is vital to overseeing, and strengthening, the strategic relationships with vendor and trade partners.
- Manage the Purchasing & Estimating process for all regions.
- Develop strong, sustainable relationships with the vendor and trade partners
- Locate vendors, material, equipment and supplies; interview, evaluate and determine product availability, terms of the sale, and cost analysis within each category of the industry.
- Control and oversee purchasing department budgets for each region. Ability to build budgets and appraisals while maintaining and adhering to strict deadlines.
- Ensure all established processes and systems are being adhered to across all regions, including company standards and SPEC protocols.
- Initiate the development and implementation of purchasing and contract management related processes and procedures for requisitions, change orders, and adjustments.
- Coordinate the use, and further development, of the purchasing system and other systems used within the purchasing department
- Monitor and drive bottom-line profitability on a per project and regional basis.
- Analyze Plans for cost reduction recommendations and research cost of proposed design ideas
- Facilitate value engineering sessions with subcontractors and associates
- Review monthly cost comparisons for suppliers/subcontractors
- Review product and implement specification changes
- Initiate new product testing before releasing to Production for implementation.
- Interact and communicate with the production team to enhance the performance and service provided to each region and ensure that all schedules are being met.
- Work with production to resolve vendor and contractor grievances and claims against suppliers, manufacturers, and trade partners as they arise.
- Oversee bidding supplier/subcontractor functions, minimum once a year
- Represent company in contract negotiating, as well as formulating job scopes with vendors and trade partners.
- Stay informed of constructions trends, particularly related to materials, both regionally and nationally.
- Benchmark industry sourcing and supply management best practices
- Ensure that the company culture and core values are being upheld, across all regions.
- Clearly establish performance expectations with direct reports and provide the coaching, mentoring and training that they need in order to achieve the desired results.
- Establish and promote strong working relationships with all department heads, helping drive company-wide initiatives.
- 10+ years construction purchasing experience required
- 5+ years of supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or related field
- Must possess technical construction knowledge to understand the home building process and terminology
- Strong ability to comprehend the building and construction process and phases
- High level understanding of construction plans and layouts
- MS Office Skills required
To Apply: For confidential consideration, please submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Express Office: Bend
61379 South Highway 97
Bend, OR 97702