Located in London, ON
Salary: $29.70/Hr Plus Shift Premiums
On behalf of our long-term client in the London area, I am recruiting for Welding Technicians to join the Quality Assurance team for a Manufacturing Automotive company. The ideal candidate would possess manual Gas Metal Arc Welding and practical experience with industrial robots.
Shift work in a Manufacturing Environment: Midnight / Afternoons / Days – Rotating Every 2 weeks
Welding Technician Required Qualifications:
- Post-Secondary Education in Welding Technologist/Technician Course from
- Manual Gas Metal Arc Welding practical experience
- Practical experience working with industrial welding robots
- Competency in welding metallurgy, basic GD&T, GMAW, AIAG Core Tools
- Practical experience with measuring equipment; micrometers, calipers, indicators, height gauges
- Competency in Problem reporting system, facilitating and auditing
- Competency in Projection and Resistant Welding
- Basic quality certification knowledge ideally related to IATF 16949
- Competency in Fundamental NDE (Non-Destructive Examination) Techniques
Welding Technician Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contribute to continuous improvement and cost reduction activities.
- Support the WEC’s on new and existing programs.
- Troubleshoot Weld Systems and Robotic Equipment to resolve welding related issues.
- Generating and upkeep of welding-related documentation, and audit as required.
- Maintain a sound understanding of customers’ product and engineering specifications.
- Use technical understanding of the welding processes and weld quality standards to ensure that weld quality is being upheld to customer requirements.
- Complete shift report for Team regarding issues encountered on shift for communication and direction for following shifts.
- Provide technical support to Manufacturing Services to help problem solve weld process issues.
- Support program launches in-house and off-site to ensure Quality Standards are being met and in order to achieve optimal weld quality.
- Support pre-production buy-offs for welds when required.
- Buy off of the First-Off / Mid-Off processes and set up verifications to ensure it is being done correctly.
- Initiate and coordinate problem reports and containments.
- Establish, maintain and implement welding parameters to support production and Quality Assurance.
- Conducts weld inspection and analyze weld data, generate reports.
- Be an additional resource for Robotic weld touchups.
- Archiving and supporting Paxit system set up and training.
- Be dedicated to generating Weld PPAP packages when required.
- Participate as a Team Member with effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Assist in problem investigation and root cause determination.
- Participate in Product, System and Process Audits, including CSRs, as required.
- Audit and approve Special Material Requests and reworked material when required.
- Assist in the training of production personnel in all weld quality requirements when required.
- Attend and / or Champion quality meetings when requested.
- Take initiative to follow through on completion of tasks / projects, PCR’s and weld-related GROW ideas.
How to Apply for Welding Technician:
Please submit your resume with ‘Welding Technician’ in the Subject line by email to Kaitlyn.Kirby@ExpressPros.com. Due to the volume of applications only the most qualified candidates will be contacted for this opportunity.
Express Office: London
300 Dundas Street
London, ON N6B 1T6