(K662) Fleet Technician III
Located in Saint Cloud, MN
Salary: $27.84 – $32.69
Express Employment Professionals offers a variety of service lines. We offer short-term and project work, evaluation hire assignments and Professional placement (where we work with a client to bring you directly to their payroll Ex: Supervisors, Human Resource Managers and Skilled Trades). We are honored to offer Benefits to all our associates, as well as free continuing education through online learning in our certified program ExpressLearn.
Express knows jobs. Get to know Express!
Local company looking for a well qualified fleet technician. Perform required inspections and preventive maintenance on vehicles and equipment with in planed time tolerances to maximize the safety, reliability, and cost efficiency throughout the life cycle of the fleet.
- Perform FAI/CVI (Annual) inspections on all fleet vehicles including tractors, trailers, converter dollies, light duty vehicles and any other company owned equipment in accordance with all federal, state and local legal and regulatory agencies. (Includes all state required inspections and frequencies).
- Perform quality preventive maintenance inspections per company methods on all fleet vehicles including tractors, trailers, converter dollies, refrigeration units (Reefer), lift-gates, light duty vehicles and any other company owned equipment.
- Perform quality maintenance repairs as required to maximize safety and reliability on all fleet vehicles including tractors, trailers, converter dollies, lift-gates, light duty vehicles and any company owned equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance, diagnosis and repair to refrigeration units (Reefer).
- Address all Driver Vehicle Inspection Report write ups timely, and efficiently.
- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repairs to manufacturer specifications including but not limited to engines, transmissions and clutches, drive-line, differential, steering and suspension, fuel and ignition system, exhaust systems (including regeneration systems), intake systems, electrical systems, brake systems, HVAC systems and lift-gate hydraulic, mechanical and electrical systems.
- Follow procedures including documenting all work performed on work orders.
- Mentor, teach and share expertise with Fleet Technician I and II to aid in their development to positions of greater responsibility.
- May perform moderate supervisory roles when Fleet Manager or Fleet Supervisors are not accessible.
- Proficient in electrical meter testing
- Knowledge of controls and electric (DC low voltage)
- Electric motor knowledge (DC)
- Complete electrical repairs and welding projects as needed.
Annual Inspector Certification Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Brake Inspector Certification Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
ASE certifications – Automotive or Medium/Heavy Duty Trucks (preferred not required)
EPA section 608 (Core & Type II) and 609 HVAC – Refrigeration Certification
Working knowledge of computer based diagnostic software for OEM’s and component manufacturers
Technician must provide own and provide all tools (diagnostic equipment and major tools provided by Company) necessary to perform all maintenance repair and diagnostics
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL
Expert knowledge and skill of all vehicle systems and components
Expert knowledge and skill in diagnosis and repair of electrical systems on all equipment
- Expert knowledge and skill in diagnosis and repair of refrigeration systems (
- Expert knowledge and skill in Preventive Maintenance Inspections and repair
- Moderate knowledge and skill in welding and cutting (gas, electric, MIG, TIG)
- Moderate computer skills and knowledge
- Expert knowledge of all DOT (FMCSA) regulations
- Moderate knowledge of OSHA safety regulations
The Client offers:
- Medical, dental, prescription plans
- Life and Disability insurance coverage
- 401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase programs
Express Employment Professionals is one of the top staffing companies in the U.S. and Canada. Every day, we help people find jobs and provide workforce solutions to businesses. Express has more than 800 franchise locations that provide a full range of employment solutions that include full-time, temporary, and part-time employment in a wide range of positions, including professional, commercial, and administrative.
For the last 14 years, the locally owned St. Cloud MN Express Employment Professionals office team has worked with job seekers to help find the right job for their skills and experience in Central Minnesota. We’re ready to help you take the next step in your career.
Express Employment Professionals is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all people and to hire and promote individuals solely based on their qualifications for the job.
In compliance with applicable federal, Minnesota and local law, employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and an individual’s qualifications regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information or protected veteran status. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics and expect that our employees and associates will cooperate in maintaining an atmosphere free of discrimination and harassment.
Interested candidates check out our ExpressJobs app downloadable at www.ExpressPros.com/ExpressJobs and search other fantastic job openings, build your profile and apply or online at www.expresspros.com/stcloudmn. Call 320-251-1038 for details.
Please send resumes and cover letters to:
Name: Tristan Wilkins
Address: 1410 W. Saint Germain Street St. Cloud MN 56301
Express Office: Saint Cloud
1410 West Saint Germain Street
Saint Cloud, MN 56301