Located in Edison, NJ
AutoCAD Drafter –
Express is looking for an AutoCAD Drafter to start immediately with a company in Edison, NJ.
Benefits of working with Express:
- Medical benefits including Dental & Vision Plan
- Safety incentives
- Direct Deposit/ Pay Card
- Referral Bonuses
- This position is primarily responsible for the duties related to AutoCAD supporting the director, manager and team members.
- Under general direction of the Director of Engineering and the AutoCAD Manager, this position is responsible for the operation of AutoCAD software programs to produce accurate and timely drawings for customer spaces’ permit and bidding requirements.
- Maintains basic AutoCAD standards and procedures to produce accurate and timely prints.
- Analyzes various design requirements and recommends possible solutions or alternate constructions.
- Visits customer spaces and job sites; field measures and verifies existing prints for accuracy using BOMA Measurement Standards.
- May interact with clients, contractors, and vendors.
- Assists in coordinating construction projects.
- Prepares Director and AutoCAD Manager for construction meetings and special projects.
- Designs and works within the applicable building codes.
- Provides the necessary drawings for cost estimating and sprinkler design.
- Performs special projects as directed by team leaders when necessary.
- Provides the necessary drawings for leases, bids, and permits and approvals.
- Provides drawings and technical support for special projects as directed.
- Makes recommendations for new processes and systems.
- Attends computer software update training as required.
- Assists in the achievement of departmental and Company goals.
What We Look for in an AutoCAD Drafter:
- Able to move from design concept to finished design, including layouts and detailed drawings. Proficient in working in layers.
- Working knowledge and proficiency in architectural as well as civil and site work is preferred.
- Formal training and education in AutoCAD and related areas. Proficient working knowledge in AutoCAD 2016 through 2020 version.
- Well-rounded practical experience may be substituted for formal training.
- Bachelor's degree will be HIGHLY preferred
- AutoCAD preferably 2020 version
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
- Pay rate $50,000-$70,000 Depending on Experience
Express Office: Edison (South)
1090 King Georges Post Road
Edison, NJ 08837