Located in Woodland, WA
Growing manufacturer has an immediate opening for motivated Machine Operators in the Paper Product Manufacturing industry.
The main objective of a machine operator is to manufacture towel and tissue products to the stated specification in an efficient way that promotes a high degree of quality while still maintaining a safe working environment. This requires the operator to have thorough knowledge of the machine and the specifications of the products being produced.
Operators will develop a complete knowledge of the products produced to insure that the product being produced is to the customer’s specification and that it is being made correctly, minimizing costly mistakes. Additionally, operators in training must learn what materials are to be used to make each product and where those raw materials are located in the plant.
EQUIPMENT / MACHINES USED:
- Automatic box taper, air powered grinder, vertical waste baler, hand truck, pallet jack, log saw.
- Core winder- used to make the cardboard core used in converting.
- Rewinder- machine used to convert large rolls of paper into consumer sized products.
- Wrapper- used to wrap outer tissue on bath tissue products.
• Operates assigned machines and/or performs assigned production processes.
• Maintains a safe, clean and organized work area.
• Performs quality inspection of finished product compliance against predetermined quality guides or standards. Lead quality inspectors.
• Perform equipment process troubleshooting and take corrective action as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
1) Proficiency in basic arithmetic.
2) Adequate mechanical skills necessary to complete change-over’s along with routine maintenance and repairs to machine when break downs occur.
3) Basic input skills with computer applications, including manufacturing software.
4) Must pass basic mechanical aptitude test.
5) Leadership skills necessary to lead Quality Inspectors in final inspection of finished goods.
6) Dependable and Responsible, with good Attendance.
8) Be able to lift 50 pounds.
9) Be able to stand for extended periods of time during shift.
- We take walk in interviews 9am-2pm, Mon-Wed-Fri in Woodland at 131 Davidson Ave. OR Mon.-Fri at 1208 Washington Way in Longview
- Complete the application on our website www.expresscowlitzcounty.com
- Submit your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call Express Employment Professionals at 360-225-0700 to speak with a hiring manager (Mon-Fri, 8am to 5:00pm).
"All employment offers are contingent on the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws."
Express Office: Longview
1208 Washington Way
Longview, WA 98632