Manual Machinist - Days. Alabaster
Located in bessemer, AL
Are you ready to make a change? We’re looking for a skilled manual machinist who wants to join a winning team.
$16.41 /hr. to start. Full time openings for day shift and night shift ($1.00 shift differential for nights after 90 day eval period). Start time 6 AM days; 4/6:30 PM nights. Alabaster, AL.
- ** Great overtime pay (10 ½ - 11 ½ hrs Mon-Fri; 6 hrs Sat.
- Excellent benefits – Health, dental, vision, 401k w/ match, life insur., PTO program for vacation & sick time, disability.
- Family-run company with employee-focused culture – holiday lunch, birthday breakfasts, milestone awards, Thanksgiving turkeys, Christmas bonus, etc.
- Annual performance & pay review
- Will plan machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering drawings, materials, specifications, and machining parameters.
- Interpret geometric dimensions and holds tolerances for parts such as spacers, pins, axles, gears.
- Operate overhead cranes/hoists to move materials
- Verify conformance of workpiece to specifications, using square, mic, and measuring equipment.
- Set up & operate machines for cutting gears.
REQUIREMENTS – looking for someone who takes PRIDE in their work:
- Previous experience as a manual machinist.
- “Must provide your own tools appropriate for the job”
- Minimum 1 year of blueprint reading.
- Demonstrated ability to modify material (drilling, grooving, cutting, turning, facing and threading material into parts while holding tolerances to specs).
- Basic computer skills (ex: clocking in/out of work).
- Math test administered (basic math, geometry, and trigonometry).
- Safe work habits; good eye for safety.
- Ability to work independently, while also collaborating well with teammates.
- Ability to work well in industrial plant setting (standing on feet; lifting up to 80 lbs; etc.).
- Drug-free; background check.
You Choose How to Apply:
Have experience in other areas? Express Pros Birmingham AL South has regular job openings in the other following areas:
Delivery drivers (CDL & non-CDL), assembly-production, general plant labor, machine operators, warehouse, shipping & receiving, landscaping, housekeeping, apartment maintenance, plant maintenance, apartment leasing, accounting, clerical, admin, inside sales, customer service, outside sales, medical reception, medical billing-coding-collections, and MUCH MORE!!
Building your career. Building Relationships. Like US on Facebook
Express Office: Birmingham (South)
200 Cahaba Park Circle
Birmingham, AL 35242