Mechanical Assembly Supervisor
Located in Brighton, MI
Salary: $55K - $65K
Express Employment Professionals in Brighton/Howell is working with a manufacturer in the Fowlerville area to fill a Mechanical Assembly Supervisor position.
Salary range : $55K - $65K
This is a Direct Hire opportunity!
Job Responsibilities include:
- Lead daily production meeting to communicate goals and provide feedback on overall team performance
- Plan and direct production activities and establish assembly priorities for products in keeping with promised deliveries, effective operations and cost factors. This includes scheduling assembly staff work hours to meet company goals.
- Lead the development of work instructions, process and end user training
- Identify, develop, improve, and implement strategies to meet and exceed production targets
- Provide input to functional and technical elements of RFQs & RFPs
- Communicate company goals, safety practices, and deadlines to team
- Coordinate and expedite the flow of work and materials according to the established production schedule
- Analyze production data, including Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and take the actions required to meet department and company goals; Recommend and implement initiatives for continuous improvement
- Maintain quality standards, keeping track of product inventory and implement corrective action, as needed;
- Provide overall team development strategies through training, coaching, mentoring, counseling, and performance measurement
- Coach, inspire, and manage departmental talent, ensuring proper staffing levels, and compliance with HR policies and procedures
- Build and enhance relationships with internal teams and vendors, facilitating effective business partnerships and issue resolution.
- Responsible for organization and cleanliness of the assembly area
- May require travel to various sites regarding current and new opportunities and/or customer problems in the field
- Responsible for Safety, EMS and OSHA compliance for all assembly related employees and equipment
- Explain technology and product to both business and technical users.
- Perform additional tasks as deemed necessary and appropriate by management Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of four (4) years of management or supervisory experience required
- 5+years assembly/ manufacturing experience in automotive industry, machine building and or automation/ integration environment preferred
- Experience with plastic part design and assembly is required
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite; SAP software experience preferred
- Available to travel within the U.S. on a regular basis as needed; occasional international travel
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Operations Management, Engineering, or other related field; Equivalent experience considered
4+ years in a leading role is required
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org , and or call 517-546-jobs to discuss details.
Benefits of working with Express:
Here at Express, we will assess your skills, offer you interview and resume writing tips, and work with you to find a job that fits your needs and abilities. You will never pay a fee at Express, and you’ll have the opportunity to earn benefits such as medical insurance, holiday pay, vacation pay, referral bonuses and much more. To find out more, contact us today! Express Employment is a Veteran friendly employer.
For a complete listing of all Express Howell/Brighton open positions, visit: www.expresshowell.com
Express Office: Howell (Brighton)
2160 Grand River Annex
Brighton, MI 48114