Located in Birmingham, AL
Senior Accountant Job Responsibilities:
- Ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies.
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information and preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Produce payroll using Paycom third-party payroll service.
- Perform financial analysis, as required.
- Completes annual external review by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts and providing information for auditors.
- Avoids legal challenges by complying with legal and financial accounting requirements.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
Senior Accountant Qualifications / Skills:
- Accounting/SFAS rules
- Research skills
- Analyzing information
- Attention to detail
- Corporate finance
- Financial software
- General math skills
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 5-10 years’ experience in accounting/finance
- CPA optional
- Experience with financial reporting requirements
Express Office: Birmingham (North)
1108 East Park Drive
Birmingham, AL 35235