Located in Dubuque, IA
Express Employment Professionals is actively recruiting a Steel Fabricator to join a local company's team.
- Operating hydraulic shear & ironworker machines to cut / notch / punch steel shapes
- Performing basic lay-out of steel elements referencing blueprint shop drwgs
- Operating portable magnetic drills to lay out, locate and drill holes in steel shapes as required
- Operating steel saws to cut 90° and miter angles as required
- Mig (wire) welding using solid wire (and eventually cored wires, subsequent to passing our qualification testing)
- General purpose steel handling / unloading and loading / assisting other staff to facilitate material handling & storage
- Fill out a handwritten timecard with an accurate and legible accounting of the jobs and assignments they perform each day
- Monday - Friday
- 40 hrs/wk
- 7:30 am to 4:00 pm
- 15 min am paid break, 15 min pm paid break. 1/2 hr lunch unpaid
- Starting salary $16/hr
What You Can Bring to the Table:
- Must work willingly and cordially with other employees to execute the required tasks - frequently in tandem with another
- Must be proficient in reading a tape measure and a thorough understanding of feet, inches and fractions !
- Required to supply and wear steel toe work boots.
- Required to wear (company furnished) hard hat, welding helmet, safety glasses, hearing protection, & 1st pair of work gloves
Ways to Apply (choose one:)
- Call Express at 563-583-1600 for an immediate phone interview
- Email your resume to Paige.Forston@ExpressPros.com
- Stop by 1701 JFK RD Dubuque, IA
- Submit your online application at ExpressPros.com/DubuqueIA
Remember, there is never a fee to the job seeker!
Like Us! Facebook.com/ExpressDbq
Express Office: Dubuque
1701 John F Kennedy
Dubuque, IA 52002