Located in London, ON
On behalf of our long-term clients in London and St. Thomas areas, Express is hiring for Industrial Electricians to work in Automotive Manufacturing. The successful candidates would be available for interviews during business hours and have a 2 years’ experience as an Industrial Electrician.
Wage: $34.00 - $37.00 Hourly with Overtime paid; Shift Premiums Available.
Shift Schedule: Midnights / Afternoons / Days; Rotating every 2 weeks
- Grade 12 Diploma or Equivalency.
- Electrical Certificate of Qualification (442A or 309A).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a licensed Electrician (442A or 309A).
- Minimum of 2 Years’ experience as an Industrial Electrician.
- Core Competencies: Troubleshooting, problem solving, technical expertise, mathematical skills, multi-tasking, organizational skills and communication skills.
Required Technical Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Area Leader this position is responsible for increasing uptime, throughput, efficiency and quality, through the process of maintaining, designing, developing and continuously improving our equipment and the utilization of technology to ensure the best quality parts are produced.
- Contribute to continuous improvement and cost reduction activities
- Read an interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics, and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations
- Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fiber-optic and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components
- Evaluate and improve processes for uptime and repeatability
- Evaluate downtime situations for root cause and identify potential risks to similar process
- Complete preventative maintenance on equipment and keep maintenance records to identify weakness in design
- Assist in developing and/or updating preventive maintenance procedures
- Monitor and participate in ensuring all Key Performance Indicators (Safety, Quality and Productivity) are being achieved
- Communicate information throughout shift and at shift exchange
- Co-ordinate activities of apprentices, helpers and assigned contractors
- Support cross-functional repairs to equipment that includes Electrical, Mechanical, and Tooling provided it could be done safely
- Troubleshoot equipment using software with encoder feedback including safety devices
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and repair industrial, electrical and electronic control systems and other related devices
- Program and troubleshoot Fanuc Robots and Lincoln Power Sources and understand the grounding circuit of a Robotic weld cell
- Participate in new electrical and mechanical designs and ensure equipment build standards meet build specifications
- Electricians need to understand new electrical standards involving Pre-Health and Safety reviews, safe distance calculations, Safety Plc’s, and new robot standards
- Install, align, dismantle and move stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment
- Operate lifting devices (overhead bridge cranes, fork/combi-lifts, and man-lifts such as scissor lifts and genie-booms) as required
Submit your resume to Kaitlyn.Kirby@ExpressPros.com
Questions? Call me at 519-672-7620 Ext. 230 and ask for Kaitlyn Kirby; Please follow up by phone if for any reason I do not contact you.
Express Office: London
300 Dundas Street
London, ON N6B 1T6