Located in Hammond, LA
Salary: $20 - $24 per hour
- Lab Technician provides routine testing as assigned in support of department objectives.
- Timely, accurate and high-quality responses to technical requests is a expected. This also will include: sampling of products, shipping and receiving of samples, general warehouse organization, and inventory of chemicals and samples, raw material testing, and report generation from test results.
- must be able to follow directions from their supervisor(s) and chemists in generating technical data on products in support of customer requests and chemist’s development projects
- A knowledge of chemistry is preferred but not required.
- Prior knowledge of lube additives, fuel additives, and an understanding of “industry standard” lube/fuel testing methods is desirable.
- Prior laboratory testing experience is also required. This position handles product sample fulfillment, routine testing, formulation blending and safety within the laboratory environment.
- ICP Experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Follow ASTM and/or SOP for test method. Subject matter Expert on test methodology.
- Effectively communicate test results and findings in an organized format.
- Exhibit good verbal and written communication skills.
- Multi-task, remain organized, and work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to maintain accurate/detailed laboratory notebook and/or electronic filing.
- Create/document processes and procedures.
- Excellent housekeeping practices and ability to maintain an organized workspace.
Apply TODAY! Call Pam at 985-809-9696!
Express Office: Covington (Northshore-New Orleans)
100 Louis Prima Drive
Covington, LA 70433