Commercial HVAC Technician
Located in Irondale, AL
Salary: Up to $32/hr, dep. on exper.
Up to $32.00/hr., depending on experience. MON-FRI, 7:30 am – 4:00 pm; weekly on-call rotation (called rarely). South Jefferson County, AL
Are you ready for a change? A local, team-oriented company is searching for a COMMERCIAL HVAC TECH to maintain and service cutting-edge, high tech commercial equipment (500-1000 ton units typical).
Do you feel stuck or burned out in your current job? If you are tired of long hours and feeling lost in a large company, we want to talk to you!
- Will work independently, within a small team (4 other HVAC techs), where everyone knows each other and works well together
- Training on cutting-edge equipment & controls will be provided.
- Good benefits: 3 weeks PTO; BCBS health insurance; dental; 401k plan.
- Company doesn’t over-supervise. Will start doing smaller projects on your own after 3 month training process.
- Jeans & tennis shoes OK; company shirts provided. PPE will be site-specific
- Typical days will be performing scheduled maintenance; also diagnosing and repairing units & controls.
- Will use a variety of tools, follow blueprints & electrical drawings, specifications
- Performance-based pay raises – could be additional $1-2 added within first year; annual thereafter
- Can move into Service Coord. Or Ass’t. Manager position down the road
Requirements – This is What Makes You an Ideal Candidate:
- MUST have min. 2-4 years’ COMMERCIAL HVAC experience (not residential or apartments)
- MUST have current EPA certification; State of AL certification a preference
- A PLUS if you have an associate’s degree or trade school certificate
- Self-starter – ability to work independently, but also strong teamwork & collaboration skills
- Must provide your own basic hand tools: company will provide gauges, ladders, etc.
- Good driving record (no DUI’s, excessive accidents, etc.); if MVR does not meet company standards, a great candidate has the option of using their own vehicle if GAP Insurance is provided.
- Drug-free workplace
If you meet the requirements and are interested, please email an updated resume to: Danielle.Dillard@expresspros.com. Please add “Commercial HVAC” to the subject line of your email.
Express Pros Birmingham AL South can help you find the type of job that is a perfect fit for your needs and abilities, and you’ll never pay a fee for our services and support. Apply with Express today!
Answers to YOUR Questions - FAQ Click Here
See how you and Danielle are connected on LinkedIn
Building Your Career. Building Relationships.
Express Office: Birmingham (South)
200 Cahaba Park Circle
Birmingham, AL 35242