Located in Shawnee, OK
Express is looking for someone with Tribal Accountant experience for an evaluation hire / temporary / contract position.
Responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare bank reconciliations and journal entries as required/requested.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare monthly and annual financial statements for the Tribal clients.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Ensure all financial reporting and regulatory deadlines are met.
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close procedures are followed.
- Respond timely to requests from client’s auditors and work with them to accomplish a timely year end audit.
- Deal with clients on a regular basis including gathering information and explaining accounting, grant, and audit principles and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices and principles.
- Knowledge of fund accounting principles.
- Knowledge of applicable laws, codes and regulations.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Dedicated to superior client service and able to effectively communicate with clients in order to gather information and explain complex terms and facts clearly and logically.
- Professionalism, dependability, integrity, and trustworthiness combined with a cooperative attitude.
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to work autonomously, multitask and manage time constraints and deadlines.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related discipline. (Extensive accounting experience may be substituted for degree requirement)
- At least two (2) years’ experience in bookkeeping or accounting in addition to degree requirement.
- Experience with Native American accounting a plus.
- Effective oral and written communication skills in the English language.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to analyze information skillfully.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong reconciliation skills.
- Good judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously.
- Typical office environment and may include extended periods of sitting and repetitive work.
- Employee is required to talk and hear and use hands and fingers to manipulate keys on a keyboard.
- Employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or lift 15 pounds.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK HOURS AND OVERTIME
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday.
- This job is a salaried position and, due to the nature of the business and position, may require different/additional hours to accomplish the objectives.
- Extended hours are required during busy times throughout the year depending upon
- workload and deadlines.
- Out-of-town travel is occasionally required for this position.
- All efforts will be made to give as much advance notice as possible for required travel.
- Employee must have reliable transportation, an active driver’s license, and valid automobile insurance.
During your assignment you will have access to benefits that include medical, dental, vision, life, 401k, holiday pay and earned vacation time.
This is a great opportunity to join a small company with a great work environment / if you have the above skills and experience. Apply today!
For more information about this job, please apply at:
www.exprespros.com or follow up on our Facebook page, Facebook.com/ExpressEmploymentShawneeOK/
Express Employment Professionals
3905 N Harrison
Shawnee, OK 74804
Express Office: Shawnee
3905 North Harrison
Shawnee, OK 74801