Risk - Portfolio Manager
Located in Bend, OR
Salary: Competitive comp and benefits
This is an outstanding opportunity to professionally represent the Company to its borrowers while projecting a positive attitude and a commitment to responsiveness customer service. The Portfolio Manager will be responsible for prudent underwriting and effective credit and risk administration with particular emphasis on adherence to credit policy, underwriting guidelines, risk evaluation, on-going portfolio maintenance activities and client support for a construction portfolio of moderate to medium complexity.
Where You Get to Live!
Bend, Oregon is the mountain town that has it all! Located in the in the shadows of the Cascade Mountains and surrounded by numerous lakes and rivers, Central Oregon is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise. Check out the sights and sounds of Bend at: https://vimeo.com/200038114
What You Get to Do!
- Responsible for review of the loan package according to underwriting guidelines, system set up, file maintenance, data input, and understanding of construction milestones
- Forge effective working relationships with the Relationship Manager in order to define the structure of each loan request, ensure that the loan can be documented and serviced by the invested entity and accurately enter loan information into the loan servicing systems
- Work specifically on complex loans for commercial real estate/construction to administer and monitor loans on an ongoing, day-to-day and transactional basis in partnership with the Relationship Manager and operational personnel
- Act as a liaison with clients, inspectors, title company representatives and third-party lenders/servicers during all phases of construction financing to ensure a seamless borrower experience
- Administer loans in accordance with credit policy requirements for risk management/mitigation, ensuring compliance with approved terms and conditions
- Provide monthly construction draw analysis, budgetary and system reconciliation and disbursement recommendations. Verify all necessary documents have been received. Take action on items that may affect the disbursement process such as change orders, sufficiency of funds, liens, etc.
- Monitor any post-closing conditions/tasks defined in the loan agreements
- Ensure overall portfolio performance and asset quality remains strong and when necessary surface issues, propose and collaborate with others on strategies and actions to limit risk and loss to the fund
- Monitor the performance of existing borrowers within the portfolio to ensure compliance with all loan requirements
- Independently apply the conditions of credit decision to the different types of credits contained within the portfolio to ensure that all monitoring and tracking requirements are met and that all documentation is up-to-date per policy
- Ensure loan agreement is in accordance with approval documents. Identify potential issues contained within loan documentation and take steps to address the issues, in consultation with management. Key voice in interacting with the client in closing transactions.
- Manage compliance and control routines related to the credit contained in the construction portfolio
- Independently follow up with borrowers to address missing financial information or to resolve covenant violations on a timely basis
- Interpret and detect issues with property, guarantor and borrower financial performance and contextually articulate the client’s history and possible impacts of such changes to the risk profile of the credit
- Perform other duties, responsibilities, or special projects as needed
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (Finance, Accounting, Business, etc.)
- 3-5 years of risk assessment, project management and/or fixed asset administration experience
- Proven ability to manage a portfolio of complex projects in addition to other competing priorities
- Demonstrated competency with critical and analytical thinking and ability to identify connections between issues and actions needed to resolve issues contained within the portfolio to ensure continued compliance with credit and risk policies and practices
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to quickly prioritize deadlines as business needs require
- Strong written and verbal communication and collaboration skills in a professional environment
- Heavy MS Excel experience (pivot tables, macros, multiple summation formulas, etc.)
- Proficiency with personal computers and related software such as Word, Excel and other Windows programs
- Experience using a construction loan management platform a plus
- A passion for the work you do and the people you do it with!
To Apply: For confidential consideration, please submit resume to: email@example.com
Express Office: Bend
61379 South Highway 97
Bend, OR 97702