Medical Technologist 3rd Shift
Located in Farmingdale, NY
We currently have the following opportunity for a NYS Licensed Medical Technologist in Farmingdale, NY.
- Assesses the accuracy and validity of obtained test results by applying knowledge of relevant scientific principles, recognizes changes that are critical to patient care, and identifies probable cause for irregular and atypical findings.
- Maintains records of tests and examinations and final results for all record functions and inquiries related to patient care.
- Troubleshoots instruments and resolves technical problems whenever possible, documents corrective action, and reports problems to the supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Performs, and reviews Quality Control to assure accuracy of results.
- Performs testing in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates the ability to set priorities
- Organizes assigned work to optimize productivity and efficiency
- Responsible for independently performing tests in designated work areas.
- Completes work assigned during shift; leaves minimal leaves minimal work for next shift.
- Ensures that supplies are available; notifies appropriate personnel.
- Consults appropriate personnel when critical results are obtained.
- Notifies appropriate personnel when difficulties arise that may delay testing.
- Maintains & operates automated equipment according to policies and procedures.
- Documents preventive maintenance as necessary.
- Actively participates in the analyses of NYSDOH, and CAP PT samples
- This position requires a B.S. MT (or equivalent)
- NYS License
- 2 - 5 years’ experience in Chemistry
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
Express Office: Farmingdale
565 Broadhollow Road
Farmingdale, NY 11735