Member Service Representative/Teller
Located in Utica, NY
Credit Union is seeking a Member Service Representative/Teller to be responsible for the following:
- Processes transactions, including all types of deposits, withdrawals, money orders, traveler’s checks, loan payments, mail transactions and cash advances.
- Verifies cash and endorsements, issues receipts, orders checks, and places stop payments on checks for members.
- Provides members with service and information in regard to the services offered by the credit union; researches and solves member questions, problems and complaints.
- Assist the Member Service team meet the goals set in all categories assigned; recognizing opportunities to deepen the relationship by educating the member of additional products and services offered by the credit union.
- Totals member transactions at the end of the day and completes proving report for departmental reporting; prepares and verifies night drop deposit. Maintains cash drawer with a high degree of accuracy.
- Assists with all operational duties, audits, and may shadow new MSRs as requested. Some duties may include the daily reconciling of ATM’s, CDM’s and Negotiables.
- Assist with Safe Deposit access and occasional Greeter Coverage.
- Maintains general working knowledge of products and services offered by the credit union and answers member questions in an informed, service driven, and courteous manner.
- With every transaction, responsible to build awareness of all products and services offered by the credit union.
- Meets referral goals as assigned.
- Required to attend or participate in necessary compliance training, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy, OFAC, and Privacy.
- Required to attend training sessions as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
- High School or equivalent or prior related experience
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Computer aptitude
Express Office: Utica/Rome
The Landmarc Building
118 Columbia Street, Suite 103
Utica, NY 13502