Located in Medford, OR
Our client is a world class wood products manufacturer and we are currently looking for a Safety Director for their Southern Oregon plants. Responsible for the overall company safety program. Works with employees at all levels of the organization to ensure safety is our number one priority. Oversees company-wide compliance with safety regulations.
- Works closely with Mill Managers and safety staff to provide necessary support and guidance to ensure safe work practices.
- Administers the BasicSafe software program for Timber Products Company.
- Coordinates/conducts company safety audits.
- Facilitates the SOR monthly safety meeting.
- Reviews and keeps up to date on safety regulations and mandated programs. Ensures the Company’s safety practices comply with all Federal, State, and Local safety requirements.
- Coordinates the development and assists in the implementation of training as well as safety and accident prevention programs.
- Maintains complete records and files reports required for industrial accidents, OSHA and Industry Associations.
- Analyzes statistical data and records to determine areas where safety and accident control programs need to be emphasized.
- Coordinates and assists with accident investigations to ensure proper actions and accurate/complete documentation.
- Attends safety committee meetings, and assists to satisfy duties and goals, including regular safety inspections.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending ASSE meetings and other safety educational workshops; reviews professional publications; participates in professional societies.
- Responsible for supporting and enforcing company policies and procedures.
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in a Safety Science, Engineering, Industrial Hygiene, or related field with 3-5 years related experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires a comprehensive knowledge of technical and legal requirements for compliance in industrial safety and health.
- Must have the ability to research, analyze and interpret accident, injury and claims statistics.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Competitive wage and benefits. This is a Direct-Hire Opportunity.
Express Office: Medford
3523 Arrowhead Drive
Medford, OR 97504