Located in Chesapeake, VA
Salary: depending on experience
Chesapeake, VA transport company in search of experienced CDL-A Drivers to join their team.
Responsible for operating a diesel-powered tractor-trailer combination to deliver, load, drop and pick-up of trailers as required, in a professional manner. Need to be able to work some long hours as needed.
Permanent, Full Time Position
PAY: depending on your experience
TO APPLY: Please email your up to date resume (in a normal Word Document or other editable format; no links please) to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title (CDL-A Driver) on the subject line. Once you have sent your resume, please call us at 757-961-8368 to speak to Joy Hart about your qualifications for this job.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Always making sure vehicle is in safe operating condition and clean.
- Responsible for coupling/uncoupling trailers and loading/unloading.
- Complies with all federal state, local and corporate rules regulations and policies as they pertain to the operation of assigned equipment.
- Perform thorough safety and maintenance inspections of all equipment prior to and after all trips.
- Ensure all loads are properly loaded, secured, and evenly distributed.
- Identify any hazardous loads, insure all markings and shipper’s papers are in order and respond to
- management appropriately.
- Maintain accurate driver records and mileage logs.
- Submit accurate, required paperwork to the operations department within the designated time frames.
- Positively represent the company by maintaining a professional, courteous and polite relationship with all customers.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
- Drivers must have a minimum of two years of driving experience commensurate with the requirements of the position available.
- Graduation from an accredited driving school and one year of verifiable experience may also be considered acceptable.
- Must be able to work schedules that may include working eight to ten hours and could be up to fifteen-hour days, seven days per week, as required. Off shifts and odd starting and finishing times is frequently a requirement.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English.
- Must be able to count and perform basic math skills, as well as, read a road map and select the safest and most direct routes.
- Must meet, be thoroughly familiar with, and adhere to U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), Federal Highway Administration, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- Must meet, be thoroughly familiar with and adhere to the corporate driver safety and operating policies and procedures.
- Hazmat and Tank Endorsement preferred
- Must pass a DOT physical administered by a company designated physician.
- Minimum age of 23 yrs.
- Must be 24-hour accessibility by phone.
- Must be able to do heavy lifting.
Express Office: Virginia Beach
4530 Professional Circle
Virginia Beach, VA 23455