Commercial Seamstress, K096
Located in Virginia Beach, VA
Salary: $12.00 hr
Our client, a Virginia Beach manufacturer of military gear, is looking for an experienced COMMERCIAL SEAMSTRESS.
Evaluation Hire, Permanent, Full Time position
Shift: Mon-Fri 8:30am to 5:30pm
Pay: $12.00 hr
TO APPLY: Please email your up to date resume (in a normal Word Document or other editable format; no links please) to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title (Commercial Seamstress, K096) on the subject line. If your experience and skills match the job requirements we will contact you to continue the screening/interview process.
- Arm-Hand Steadiness
- Draw patterns with precision.
- Cut and sew for products.
- Operates a walking foot sewing machine to seam sections of material together for exceptional and sturdy products.
- Must be able to read, follow and improve Bill of Material documents.
- Understand multiple step and multi-person production sewing operations.
- Manage material inventory and be able to direct needed material quantities in order to maintain a steady sewing workflow at each workstation and sewing operation.
- Ability to communicate immediate production errors with management.
- Communicate material pattern problems during sewing assembly and recommend adjustments to patterns with the Engineering Department.
- Language: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence; Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Reasoning: Ability to understand and organize a problem and them to select a mathematical method or formula to solve the problem
- Interpersonal- Listens to others without interrupting; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Team Work- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Puts success of team above own interests.
- Adaptability- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Commits to reaching goals
- Initiative – Asks for and offers help when needed
- Safety & Security- Observes all safety procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Express Office: Virginia Beach
4530 Professional Circle
Virginia Beach, VA 23455