Located in Oroville, CA
Salary: $55,000 - $65,000 DOE
Express Employment is looking for a Sales Analyst.
Purpose and Key Results of the Position:
The Sales Analyst is responsible for three key items within the Sales Area of Focus including Data Collection & Analytics, Tracking & Reporting, and overall Sales Support. They provide the necessary supporting data to the Sales Team in order to successfully execute identified plans. This includes collecting and managing data from internal and third-party sources, analyzing detailed data to come to key conclusions and recommendations, and creating visually appealing and informative, but easily digestible presentations and reports to communicate the story behind the data. The Sales Analysist will work closely with internal systems and the National Account Managers to assist with tracking progress against plans for sales & trade spend. In addition, the Sales Analyst will work to provide support to the Sales Team in the form of data including tracking and reporting of any identified metrics and results that support the execution of plans, as well as any supporting data that will increase the company’s ability to make sound data-based decisions within the Sales Area of Focus.
Data Collection & Analytics:
- Collect, analyze and interpret sales data from a variety of sources across different platforms and formats, including internal, distributor, and retail sources.
- Create data-driven retail presentations to be used in sales meetings and account reviews.
- Work cross-functionally to ensure that all data collected aligns with and supports the execution of identified sales, promotional, and pricing strategies.
- Vet data vendors and work to acquire the data necessary for the company to make sound decisions, remaining the key contact for these vendors.
Tracking & Reporting:
- Develop, improve, and streamline reoccurring reports to facilitate understanding of key sales metrics.
- Track promotional plan accuracy and effectiveness using BluePlanner.
- Support the work to improve forecast tracking and communication of those results.
- Assist with data collection that provides leadership the necessary insights for building realistic plans and communicating progress against those plans.
- Educate the Sales Team on how best to use and explain research results to obtain their objectives in the field.
- Provide other analytic and research support as requested.
- Adheres to safety programs in order to provide a safe and clean workplace for fellow employees within the regulations of all OSHA local, state and federal regulations.
- Complete necessary trainings to ensure all Company certifications required for role are maintained as current. Certifications may include, but are not limited to, Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP), Back Safety, Forklift, Arc Flash, Confined Space, etc.
- Performs other assignments from time to time as requested by the Customer Marketing Manager to achieve department and company business goals.
- Maintain regular attendance in accordance with Company’s Attendance and Punctuality standards.
- Complete training required for position and maintain applicable certifications.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Ability to handle confidential information with professionalism and integrity.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Advanced computer skills including knowledge of MS Office applications, especially MS Excel.
- Ability to perform complex analyses and ability to problem solve.
- Ability to coordinate and manage simultaneous data analysis requests and priorities.
- Ability to prioritize projects, handle stressful situations, provide detailed work, make informed decisions, and meet deadlines.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentations skills. Must be able to work both independently and with cross-functional teams.
- Attention to detail to track and report results.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific, mathematical, or financial field.
- Four years data analysis experience or advanced degree.
- One year of experience working with syndicated retail data (e.g. Nielsen, IRI, SPINS).
- One year of experience creating infographic presentations and utilizing Business Intelligence software.
Work area is in an inside office environment with moderate temperatures and low background noise, as well as, regular work in other departments within their work environment.
Physical Requirements for Performing Essential Duties:
Sitting/Standing/Walking: Approximately 90% of the work time is spent sitting behind a desk in front of a computer, with the remaining time spent walking around work area.
Speaking/Hearing: Ability to communicate with customers, coworkers, and supervisors.
Vision: Ability to effectively visualize items on a computer screen for long periods of time, as well, as any printed material.
Lifting/Carrying: Ability to lift, hold, and carry up to 10 lbs. for a short distance.
Stooping/Kneeling: Ability to stoop and/or kneel to access equipment or office supplies/items when required.
Reaching/Handling: Ability to retrieve and work with appropriate equipment and supplies.
Call 530-282-2652 for an immediate interview over the phone. Please send your resume to email@example.com indicating “Sales Analyst” in the subject line. Apply online at www.expresspros.com and send online application to the Chico, Ca office.
Express Office: Chico
60 Independence Circle
Chico, CA 95973