Located in Oroville, CA
Salary: $55,000 - $65,000 DOE
Express Employment is looking for a System Engineer.
- Lead Engineer on capital projects - overall project management, budget, schedule management, construction management, start-up, conceptual phases, project close-out, scope development, cost estimation, system design, equipment sizing and selection, procurement, installation, and check-out.
- Maintain engineering interface with business unit team - maintain close working relationship with research and development (R&D), quality, manufacturing, operations leadership, and financial operations.
- Provide innovative technical solutions required to meet business objectives with emphasis on productivity.
- Utilize Continuous Improvement tools, including but not limited to Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Autonomous Maintenance, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, Induced Failure Testing, and support Continuous Improvement (CI) and Phase Progression efforts.
- Provide support to annual capital planning process, which may include development and management of the capital program for an operating department.
- Offer production support and troubleshooting assistance to Engineers, Team Leaders, and Maintenance.
- Lead system design standards development for unit operations which includes improvements to existing standards using appropriate technical evaluation and involvement.
- Provide overall leadership or support of capital improvement projects including the development of project requirements, project justification, equipment flow sheets, and process line layouts. Also accountable for new equipment startup, operator training, written operating procedures and specifications, and process conformance to justification criteria.
- Coordinate with and oversee contract engineering services management.
- Responsible for providing technical and engineering expertise to the Maintenance department to improve the overall equipment efficiency/systems performance and reliability.
- Analyze demands for repair and improvements of site manufacturing equipment. Identify solutions to recurring problems and proposes best solutions to avoid same breakdown of equipment and production downtime.
- Responsible for the analysis of actual equipment design and performs failure mode and effect analysis or formulates models to identify units posing excessive failure risks. Recommend/implement changes in design of these technologies to attain operational reliability levels, using reliability engineering knowledge and other technologies/techniques.
- Develop and implement practices to maximize production equipment uptime.
- Mentor and provide guidance to mechanics, engineers, and contractors on Reliability Strategies and Technologies.
- Facilitates development of maintenance strategies for all equipment.
- Supports execution of Reliability Focus Maintenance (RFM) process on existing equipment.
- Conduct Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA) and determine the optimum maintenance practices for each major system.
- Provide measurements such as the proportion of work, which is planned/scheduled, emergency work, preventive maintenance condition based monitoring work, equipment uptime, overall equipment effectiveness (OEE), and mean time between failures.
- Integrate Preventative Maintenance (PM) and predictive/diagnostic work into the Preventive Maintenance Program.
- Adheres to safety programs in order to provide a safe and clean workplace for fellow employees within the regulations of all OSHA local, state and federal regulations.
- Complete necessary trainings to ensure all Company certifications required for role are maintained as current. Certifications may include, but are not limited to, Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP), Back Safety, Forklift, Arc Flash, Confined Space, etc.
- Performs other assignments from time to time as requested by the Vice President of Manufacturing to achieve department and company business goals.
- Maintain regular attendance in accordance with Company’s Attendance and Punctuality standards.
- Complete training required for position and maintain applicable certifications.
- Knowledge, Skills
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Demonstrated understanding of proper elements of Preventive/Predictive Maintenance program.
- Demonstrated skills in executing several large concurrent assignments with emphasis on project management, productivity, and packing development.
- Demonstrated technical leadership, adaptability, analytical and problem-solving skills, decision making, troubleshooting, communications, team management, and human relations skills.
- Strong ability to involve operators and mechanics in the project process.
- Ability to conduct, compile and present formal technical trade studies in support of seeking optimal solutions including return on investment (ROI), cost-benefit analyses, and risk assessment.
- Ability to organize and lead small cross-functional problem-solving teams as well as participate in teams as a technical individual contributor.
- Good understanding of packaging and processing systems and a working knowledge of plant manufacturing, engineering, quality, and research functions.
- Thorough understanding of Food Manufacturing Regulatory Requirements (Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Food Safety, etc
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Functions effectively within ever-changing environments. Easily adjusts to multiple demands, shifting work priorities, ambiguity, adversity, and change. Is resilient and calm under pressure.
- Learn and apply new concepts quickly and effectively.
- Works collaboratively across organizational boundaries to achieve company results.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and influence individuals at different levels of the organization.
- Strong problem solving and computer skills.
- High mechanical aptitude.
- Desire for technical excellence.
- History of delivering outstanding results. Focuses on the right priorities, makes timely decisions, and delivers on short and long-term commitments.
- Exhibits the highest standards for integrity and judgment.
- Drives Innovation and Growth: Thinks "outside the box", encourages risk taking, generates creative solutions, and learns from both successes and failures.
- Bachelors or Masters in: Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Food Process Engineering.
- 3+ years of project engineering experience in a continuous food manufacturing environment.
- Experience with continuous improvement, LEAN, Six Sigma, TPM, or related processes. Experience working with plant technicians, leadership staff, outside vendors, and managing contractors and engineering firms.
- Experience with developing best practice standards for all maintenance functions and activities.
- Experience with World Class Maintenance, TPM, or similar systems.
- Experience working with EPA and OHSA regulations.
- Bachelors or Masters in Milling Science.
- 3+ years of food engineering or food processing related experience in a flour or grain milling environment.
Work area is in an environment with varied moderate temperatures and high background noise. Position involves exposure to odors, dust, and mosquitoes.
Physical Requirements for Performing Essential Duties:
Sitting/Standing/Walking: Approximately 60% of the day is spent standing and walking around work area. The remaining time is spent time sitting.
Speaking/Hearing: Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors.
Vision: Ability to effectively interpret printed materials.
Lifting/Carrying: Ability to lift, hold, and carry up to 40 lbs. Ability to perform repetitive motion.
Stooping/Kneeling: Ability to stoop and/or kneel to access equipment when needed. Ability to work in constricted spaces.
Reaching/Handling: Ability to retrieve and work with appropriate equipment and supplies.
Call 530-282-2652 for an immediate interview over the phone. Please send your resume to email@example.com indicating “System Engineer” in the subject line. Apply online at www.expresspros.com and send online application to the Chico, Ca office.
Express Office: Chico
60 Independence Circle
Chico, CA 95973