Production Supervisor - Packaging
Located in Toronto, ON
Production Supervisor - Packaging: Pay - $ 50 – 65K
Our client, a well-established food processing company in the North York Area, is looking for a Production Supervisor to join their growing team.
Benefits for you:
- Permanent Full-Time Position
- $50 – 65K depending on experience
- Full Benefits after 6 months
- Mon to Friday, day shift
- Flat organization and family-oriented work environment
- Opportunity growth and development
- TTC Accessible (Finch and Dufferin)
- Min 5 years supervisory experience in food processing/manufacturing
- Must excel in a fast-paced, agile environment with strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Independent, self-starter who is positive and proactive
- Adaptable, flexible and goal oriented
- Excellent English communication skills
- Experience with SQF, BRC, GMP and HACCP is preferred
- Knowledge of quality control methods
- Able to follow and execute instructions
- Accurate, patient, careful, responsible, quick and alert
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Capable of working in cold temperature environment
- Basic mathematical skills
- Clean criminal background check
- At least High school or Secondary School diploma
- Provides hands on supervision and leadership to up to 15 employees working under the department.
- Schedules, directs and monitors the work of all personnel in a manner that supports exceeding daily standard production rates.
- Accountable for the health and safety of all personnel under their supervision.
- Evaluates operations and adjusts work schedules when needed to maintain production needs.
- Ensures that equipment is operating properly and efficiently.
- Schedules production, materials, and resources effectively and works closely with the Plant Manager plan to meet all production, inventory and customer demands.
- Ensures that the quality of all finished products meets customer requirements and that all food safety, SQF, GMP, HACCP and housekeeping standards are maintained at all times.
- Ability to identify problems on the packaging floor, make quick decisions to resolve them to support the plant goals.
- Participates in the hiring of employees, and provides training to employees on safety, quality, operations and other areas as required.
- Maintains all required documentation, recipe records, and allergen reports, and participates in regular reviews of plant and operations performance.
- Maintains the cleanliness and sanitation of work area and equipment.
This is an excellent full-time work opportunity with a well – established company located in North York. Work hours are from Mon to Fri, 7:00am to 4:00 pm (must be flexible to work overtime).
Pay is $50-65K per year depending on experience.
This is a permanent placement position with our client company. The successful candidate will be placed on the client company payroll immediately. Express Employment Professionals has been asked to conduct a Candidate Search for our client and will not be payrolling the successful candidate.
We appreciate and thank all applicants; however, we will only contact those qualified for the position for an interview.
Express Office: Toronto (North)
1110 Finch Avenue West
Toronto, ON M3J 2T2