Hedis Remote Abstractor - Colorado
Located in Grand Junction, CO
We are seeking HEDIS Remote Abstractors in the Grand Junction area for the 2020 HEDIS project. The Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) is a tool used by more than 90% of America’s health plans to measure performance on important dimensions of care and service.
Candidate will work with our client's Medical Record Review (MRR) Team to collect medical records and conduct HEDIS reviews in accordance with NCQA Guidelines and Technical Specifications. This is a temporary position that will run from January through mid-May 2020 and requires availability for the full assignment.
- Remote position
- Candidate will work under supervision of our client''s HEDIS staff to ensure that medical records are abstracted in a timely and accurate manner while maintaining HIPAA Privacy and Security standards
- Responsible for performing accurate and comprehensive medical record reviews using a proprietary abstraction tool and software
- Reviewer will perform remote or offsite medical record reviews with charts collected from provider offices, clinics and hospitals for the purpose of obtaining documentation to support the HEDIS project. Records will come in to office through fax, remote EMR access and/or mail processes
- Reviewer must pass a medical record abstraction test prior to beginning the project and will need to maintain minimum competency throughout the project
- Current RN, NP, PA, LPN license or certification or equivalent
- RHIT, RHIA, MA or Medical Records Professional with prior HEDIS experience only
- Minimum of 2 years clinical experience; preferred
- Experience with medical record review; HEDIS preferred.
- Good understanding of medical terminology.
- Ability to meet and manage project deadlines; and work independently in a fast paced environment
- Strong computer skills with high speed internet access and unlimited long distance and/or cell phone service capabilities. Experience working with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook preferred
- Must be have strong organizational, critical thinking, and communication skills; with keen attention to detail
- Availability to work 20-40 hours/week during the timeframe of the project
Express Office: Grand Junction
725 Pitkin Avenue
Grand Junction, CO 81501