HEDIS Medical Records Retriever
Located in Grand Junction, CO
Seeking Medical Record Retrievers for the 2020 HEDIS project. The Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) is a tool used by more than 90% of America’s health plans to measure performance on important dimensions of care and service.
Candidate will work with RMHP’s Medical Record Review team to collect medical records for the purpose of HEDIS reviews, in accordance with NCQA Guidelines and Technical Specifications. This is a temporary position that will run from January through mid-May 2020 and requires availability during the entire assignment.
- Candidate will work under supervision of HEDIS staff to ensure that medical records are collected in a timely and accurate manner while maintaining HIPAA Privacy and Security standards.
- Position is based in Grand Junction, Co. Travel is required to provider offices with possibility of overnight stays.
- Responsible for performing accurate and comprehensive collection of medical records per NCQA HEDIS guidelines.
- Retriever will schedule, request, and perform on-site medical record collection at provider offices, clinics and hospitals for the purpose of obtaining documentation to support the HEDIS project.
- May be asked to assist with records that come in through the fax and/or mail process
- Reviewer must take and pass a medical record retrieval test prior to beginning the project and maintain passing competency score throughout the project.
- RHIT, RHIA, MA, LPN or Medical Records Professional with prior HEDIS or medical record experience. Minimum of 2 years clinical experience; preferred
- Ability to meet and manage project deadlines; and work independently in a fast paced environment
- Strong computer skills with access to high speed internet and unlimited long distance and/or cell phone service capabilities. Experience working with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook preferred
- Must be have strong organizational, critical thinking, and communication skills; with keen attention to detail
- Availability to work 40 hours/week during normal business hours within the timeframe of the project
- Reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, auto insurance and the ability to drive within assigned territory
- Professional appearance and excellent customer service skills appropriate for a medical office environment
Express Office: Grand Junction
725 Pitkin Avenue
Grand Junction, CO 81501