Located in Centralia, WA
Traveling Sawmill Construction Millwrights
Express is currently recruiting for traveling sawmill construction millwrights starting with a local job in Lewis County. This job will last 4-5 months, and when complete, you would move on to the next job, hired on as a full time employee. The company pays per diam, as well as housing expenses while on the job and drive time and offers full benefits.
Responsibilities/Requirements of the Millwright Position:
- Reads blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Dismantles machines using torches, hammers, wrenches, crowbars and other hand tools.
- Moves machinery and equipment using cranes, hoists, dollies, rollers and trucks.
- Assembles and installs equipment such as shafting, conveyors and tram rails using welders and other hand and power tools.
- Constructs foundation for machines using hand tools and building materials such as wood, cement and steel.
- Aligns machines and equipment using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers and plumb bobs.
- Assembles machines and bolts, welds, rivets, or otherwise fastens them to foundation or other structures using hand tools and power tools.
- May operate engine lathe to grind, file and turn machine parts to dimensional specifications.
- May repair and lubricate machines and equipment.
- Select cables, ropes, pulleys, winches, blocks to fixed overhead structures, such as beams, ceilings, and gin pole booms with bolts and clamps.
- Attaches load with grappling devices such as loops, wires, ropes and chain to crane hook.
- Sets up, braces, and rigs hoisting equipment, using hand tools and power wrenches.
- Splices rope and wire cables to make or repair slings and tackle.
- May direct workers engaged in hoisting of machinery and equipment.
- In addition, may perform all duties of General Laborer, Skilled Laborer and Carpenter.
Position is Evaluation to Hire – which means the company is looking to hire the best of the best!
Pay Range: $20+/hr depending on skill set and experience level
Must be able to pass a mechanical reasoning assessment and a weld test
Shift: Day Shift Monday-Friday
- Visit our office ASAP today – 407 S. Tower Ave Centralia, WA 98531 OR call 360.330.9050
- Office Hours – 8:00am-5:00pm Monday-Friday
- Visit our website Express-Centralia.com
Express Offers Several Benefits to all Associates:
- Medical Benefits
- Safety Incentives
- Scholarship Opportunities
- $25 Referral Bonus
There is NO recruiting fee
Express Office: Centralia
407 South Tower Avenue
Centrailia, WA 98531