Salary: Up to 17.50/hr.
This is a fully trained shop mechanic who is able to perform all required shop job duties and routine preventative maintenance functions. This position performs all repairs relating to a trailer and minor repairs relating to the refrigeration power unit.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
- Perform the functions of a Grade 1 Mechanic.
- Perform preventative maintenance and repairs on trailer refrigeration.
- Perform simple and complex mechanical and electrical repairs.
- Must be able to perform the following repairs without supervision:
- Diagnose, remove, repair, replace or rebuild:
- water pumps
- tractor suspension
- body repairs
- rear differentials
- drive lines
- wheel seals
- brake systems
- Diagnose and tune up or make repairs on diesel engines.
- Perform front wheel alignments.
- Perform axle alignments on trailers.
- Troubleshoot cooling systems.
- Conduct diagnostic tests.
- Cut or weld using cutting torch and welding machine.
- Read, understand and use service bulletins and technical manuals.
- Maintain shop tools.
- Complete all paper work and computer input.
- Comply effectively with company work and safety rules.
- Effectively communicate both written and orally with supervisor and peers.
- Follow directions.
- Work independently and in a team environment.
- Be trained and certified to operate any required equipment within 30 days after hire.
- Comply with company attendance policy.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule to meet the changing needs of the job. Must be available for shop on-call rotation, and able to do road calls using a company vehicle.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
A teammate in this position must:
- Have High School Diploma or GED. Trade school graduate in heavy duty diesel repairs, and/or refrigeration classes. Beginning level is preferred.
- Have 2 years job experience on diesel repairs, tractor- trailer, refrigeration maintenance and repairs.
- One year documented experience in fleet maintenance or one-year employment with company at upper scale of Class C Technician.
- Posses basic hand tools (up to ?? drive) and tool storage.
- Posses or acquire within 1 year from date of hire a current ASE certification in Medium/Heavy Truck Preventative Maintenance Inspection (PMI) (Test T8).
- Possess a Valid Class C Drivers License. A Class A license is preferred but not required.
- Stand, walk, bend, stoop, push, pull, grasp and reach above the head for extended periods of time.
- Possess the following certifications:
- Certification with International Maxx Force 13 Engines.
- Certification in Transportation Refrigeration.
- Brake Systems and components.
- Tractor A/C Refrigeration and Freon Recovery (609 license required).
- Trailer Refrigeration 608 license required if working on trailer units.
- Heavy Duty electrical diagnostics and repairs.
- Prefer ASE Certification in heavy duty mechanics and Cummins or Detroit certification.
- The environment encompasses all areas of a Distribution Center, Transportation Department, or Transportation shop.
- This position may require work in hot and cold temperature extremes and exposure to dust, dirt, fumes, noise, potentially harmful chemicals, solvents and components, and working in close to proximity to other teammates.