Located in York, PA
Salary: up to 50K DOE
Designs Build Engineering and Contracting Plumbing and Pipefitting Sheet Metal Fabrication Specialty Metals Fabrication Certified Welding DDC Control Systems Building Maintenance Services Specialty Services
JOB SUMMARY: Analyzes blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documents to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates for sheet metal products and/or projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate all project specifications and scope to execute an accurate estimation of the work to be performed consistent with accepted practices, processes, and estimating standards. (Estimated range 50%-70% of any given work week)
- Using all available information, specifications, scope, narrative and drawings, take complete responsibility for generating take-offs, securing the sub-contractor and material prices, organizing and preparing the proposal on assigned projects.
- Conceptualize and estimate specialty fabrications i.e., stacks, guards, light structural etc. (welded and formed metals).
- Develop (CAD) fabrication drawings for constructability of specialty type items mentioned above for fabricators use on the shop floor.
- (Estimated range 40%-60% of any given work week)
- Evaluate and solicit guidance on rigging, constructability, manpower, supervision levels, equipment, systems, etc.; pulling the entire estimate together for final review and submittal.
- Consult with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Resolve conflicts, clarify bids, develop necessary RFI’s as needed.
- Utilize all technologies to create a thorough and accurate estimate.
- Perform pre-bid walkthroughs, turnover meetings, jobsite visits, and closeout meetings to continuously refine estimating and communications.
- Collect and document historical cost data for current or future projects.
- Follow company policies and procedures as outlined in the company employee and safety handbook.
- Speak, write, read and understand the English language well enough to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Able to ascend and descent stairs, traverse job sites.
- Perform related work as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of SMACNA, NFPA, and other applicable standards that affect the manufacturing and installation of sheet metal ductwork.
- Knowledge of Division 15 Specifications as applicable to sheet metal work.
- Knowledge of stainless steel, aluminum and other alloy materials.
- Knowledge of HVAC systems, airflow, and conceptual sizing of ductwork.
- Knowledge of general rigging applications for use in field estimation of setting air handles, dust collectors, exhaust fans and similar equipment.
- Possess a robust technical orientation. Must be able to adapt to utilization of our Autodesk Fabrication ESTmep and on-screen take-offs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Bluebeam, and Internet usage.
- Mathematical and construction accounting skills.
- Able to work in a fast paced, time pressured, structured office environment.
- Demonstrates positive outlook and personality that allows relationships to be built with equipment manufacturers, material suppliers, sub-contractors and fellow co-workers.
- Able to prioritize, work efficiently, and meet established deadlines.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Possess a strong work ethic and an overall attitude to “get the job done”.
- Possess active listening skills. Able to give full attention to what is being said, taking time to understand the points being made, and ask questions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: This office position requires walking, standing, sitting, stooping, bending, kneeling, reaching, lifting and carrying. Must have the ability to listen to and understand information presented through spoken words and sentences. Must have the ability to communicate information in speaking so others will understand. Other abilities required by this job includes close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust eye focus. Office essential duties require working in a stationary position.
Ways to Apply:
- CALL TODAY FOR A PHONE INTERVIEW 717-718-HIRE (4473)
- Complete an online application on our website https://www.expresspros.com/yorkpa/
- Resumes may be emailed to Jobs.YorkPA@ExpressPros.com
- Stop by our office at 2210 E. Market St. York, Pa 17402
About Express Employment Professionals:
Express can help you find the type of job that is a perfect fit for your needs and abilities, and you’ll never pay a fee for our services and support. Whether you’re looking for a full-time position, part-time work, or a more flexible schedule, Express can place you in a wide range of jobs that meet your employment goals including Administrative, Commercial, and Professional positions. Benefits available to Eligible Express Associates:
- Medical Plan/Dental Plan
- Holiday Pay (6 Days Observed)
- 401 (k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Vision/Eyewear Plan
- Vacation Pay
- Life Insurance
- Prescription Drug Reimbursement
- Scholarship Program
- Short-Term Disability
- Referral Bonuses
For a complete listing of all open positions, visit www.expresspros.com
Express Office: York
2210 East Market Street
York, PA 17402