Located in Ottawa, ON
Our client, a boutique sized Law Firm located in the Downtown core, is looking for a driven and confident Legal Assistant – Criminal to join their team. This is a full-time permanent opportunity that offers a casual work atmosphere, and a challenging environment.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Support 2 Lawyers by managing their calendars, scheduling meetings, appointments and conferences
- Dictate and profile
- Draft basic letters and transcribe documents containing correspondence, memoranda and docket sheets
- Proofread all documents, correspondence and memoranda to ensure accuracy of copy, grammar and punctuation and make changes for lawyer review
- Prepare finalized legal documents
- Communicate with the crown
- Receive, screen and transmit telephone calls, e-mails, conference calls and messages to lawyer
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail
- Maintain client files
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 1 year experience as a Legal Assistant preferably in Criminal Law
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office, GoogleDocs, GhostPractice similar to PCLaw
- Ability to type quickly and accurately
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team
- Strong organizational, multitasking, and problem solving skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Must have thick skin
- Ability to work overtime if necessary
Salary to commensurate with qualifications and experience.
If you are interested and believe you meet the specified qualifications, please reply to this ad in confidence with your Resume.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Express Employment Professionals; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Express Employment Professionals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Express Office: Ottawa
Ottawa, ON K1G 0Y9