Geotechnical Engineer, K136
Located in Virginia Beach, VA
Salary: $60,000 to $90,000 DOE
Our client, a professional engineering firm, has an immediate opening for a mid-level Geotechnical Engineer in Virginia Beach, VA.
Direct Hire, Permanent position.
Pay: $60,000 to $90,000 yr salary
Benefits include health and dental insurance coverage and 401(k) program.
TO APPLY: please email your up to date resume (in a normal Word Document or other editable format; no links please) to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title (Engineer, K136) on the subject line. Once you have sent your resume, please call us at 757-961-8368 to speak to Joy Hart about your qualifications for this job.
This client provides consulting services in Environmental Engineering; Groundwater Resources; Hazardous Materials; Environmental Compliance & Management; Geotechnical Engineering; Industrial/Mechanical Related Services’ Disaster Planning & Management; Indoor Air Quality; Industrial Hygiene; and Training.
- planning and management of subsurface investigations, management of consultants and subcontractors,
- Performing geotechnical analyses (shallow and deep foundations, pavements, slope stability, earth retention, etc.),
- Preparing geotechnical engineering reports, providing field observations during construction, preparing fee proposals and qualification packages, and geotechnical related marketing and business development.
Minimum requirements include:
- BS degree from an ABET accredited engineering program,
- Professional Engineer registration in Virginia, 5+ yrs experience in geotechnical engineering practice,
- Knowledge of geotechnical computation methods including analysis software, and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with DOD and transportation projects a plus.
- Some overnight travel may be required.
Express Office: Virginia Beach
4530 Professional Circle
Virginia Beach, VA 23455