Paralegal – Financial Services Litigation, M057
Located in Virginia Beach, VA
Salary: $40,000 to $60,000 DOE
Virginia Beach, law practice in search of an experienced Paralegal in Financial Services Litigation.
DIRECT HIRE, PERMANENT POSITION
PAY: $40,000 to $60,000 depending on experience
MON-FRI, 8:30am to 5:00pm
TO APPLY: Please email your up to date resume (in a normal Word Document or other editable format) to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title (Paralegal – Financial Services Litigation, M057) on the subject line. Once you have sent your resume, please call us at 757-961-8368 to verify we received it.
The Virginia Beach Express Employment Professionals office is a locally owned recruiting firm that focuses on assisting career minded professionals locate the right job environment within South Hampton Roads. Our desire is to help candidates move their careers forward ! There is never a fee to our candidates.
JOB SUMMARY/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform paralegal duties and responsibilities as directed by group leader and other attorneys.
- Demonstrate strong organizational and writing skills.
- Research, analyze and summarize law sources such as statutes, recorded judicial decisions, legal articles, treatises, constitutions, legal codes and law-related information relevant to practice area.
- Research, investigate, analyze and summarize facts and factual issues.
- Receive and follow complex instructions.
- Draft and prepare legal documents appropriate to practice area.
- Docket and take appropriate action to monitor and meet deadlines.
- Establish priorities and work concurrently on a variety of projects.
- Perform all assignments in strict compliance with ethical guidelines governing the practice of law.
- Demonstrate good teamwork skills within and among practice groups, offices and firm.
- Use initiative and discretion in accomplishing routine assignments with minimum supervision.
- Direct and coordinate activities of law office support personnel as assigned.
- Participate in the training and professional development of other paralegals in routine practice elements.
- Conduct PACER research and run PACER reports.
- Works with litigation databases, including conducting searches, loading transcripts, and coding documents.
- Assist in deposition preparation, including preparation of deposition notebooks.
- Organize and monitor the maintenance of large matter files, i.e. correct and timely filing of correspondence, pleadings, transcripts and other case materials.
- Number and stamp documents for document productions, trial exhibits and trial notebooks.
- Copy and code documents in large document production performed inside or outside the office.
- Organize, chronologize, categorize and index documents, or other legal documents.
- Proofread documents.
- Assist with trial organization.
- Retrieve public records and/or obtain public records from online sources or directly from government institutions.
- Summarize simple depositions or other legal documents.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Consistently exhibit a high degree of professionalism.
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret common technical journals, financial reports, legal and legislative documents.
- Able to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to draft motions, briefs, memorandum and pleadings that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Able to effectively present information to senior level attorneys, top management, clients and peer groups.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Graduation from a four-year college or university with a bachelor’s degree, and/or a certificate of completion from a paralegal training program, American Bar Association (ABA) approval preferred.
Express Office: Virginia Beach
4530 Professional Circle
Virginia Beach, VA 23455