Located in Brighton, MI
Salary: $120,000 - $130,000 a year
Express Employment Professionals in Howell/Brighton is working with a company in Brighton area, to fill a Direct Hire Plant Manager position. The Plant Manager ensures that operations meet or exceed efficiency and corporate quality and environmental standards by participating in and directing activities of the supervisors and production.
Wage range is $120,000 - $130,000 a year depending on experience.
- 100% responsible for the day to day activities and continual improvement of production department.
- Adhere to all company guidelines for Emergency Evacuation to ensure employee safety.
- Adhere to all manufacturing requirements as outlined in the operator instructions (Line Balance, etc.)
- Adhere to all production scheduled to meet customer requirements.
- Adhere to all quality and environmental, health and safety requirements as outlined in the control plan and manuals.
- Adhere to and promote the Employee Charter/Operation Philosophy and observe the rules, regulation and direction of the Employee Guide established by management
- Advise customer or those situations that may pose a significant risk to the program, product assurance, facilities, and employee safety or customer satisfaction results.
- Approve Business Operation System documentation as applicable (Process Owner)
- Control further processing and delivery of nonconforming product until the deficiency is corrected.
- Develop understanding of material flow, bill of materials and raw material particulars and their significance to product quality and continuous commitment to JIT principles of raw materials, WIP and finished product inventories.
- Document all activities as required.
- Drive accountability with Production Supervisors and their team members.
- Ensure team member involvement in corrective actions and continual improvement.
- Ensures the accurate reporting of all production (efficiency, scrap, downtime, FTQ, etc.)
- Identify and record any problems relating to the product, process or system.
- Initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformance relating to product, process & systems.
- Initiate, recommend or provide solutions through appropriate channels and verify implementation.
- Meet all production department business plan and KOI objectives. Provide written action plans for any required corrective action and ongoing improvement.
- Planning, staffing, training, assessing and guiding Production Supervisors and their team members.
- Promote an atmosphere of safety, employee satisfaction and involvement, and teamwork.
- Purchase Requisition approval for department purchases
- Support customer presentations as it relates to items of production responsibility.
- Supports and promotes EETAM core values, Environmental, health and safety and quality policies.
- Conduct all business related activities for, and on the behalf of, the company within the limits of applicable local, state, and federal legal requirements.
- Provide support to, and compliance with, all local and corporate Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) policies, procedures and other HSE related requirements.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and follows all Company polices related to TS16949 and ISO 14001; looks for way to improve and promote quality
- Other duties as assigned.
Professional Background / Basic Qualification / Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Engineering, Management or closely related field.
- Minimum five years’ automotive manufacturing experience in operational discipline.
- Minimum two years’ experience in operational supervision and/or management in the automotive industry preferably in a Welding environment.
- Must have demonstrated leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to travel domestically by car or plane.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in SAP.
To Apply send resumes to Julie.Motyka@expresspros.com , go to www.expresshowell.com or call 517-546-jobs to discuss details
Express Office: Howell (Brighton)
2160 Grand River Annex
Brighton, MI 48114