Located in Buffalo, NY
Express Employment Professionals are currently looking for a manufacturing Engineer (Plastics/Mechanical) for a company that specializes in the manufacturing of single use medical devices.
Must be open to the hours
Pay Rate: Based on experience 66-95k a year
Applies knowledge of materials and engineering theory and methods to design, integrate, and improve manufacturing systems or related processes. May work with commercial or industrial designers to refine product designs to increase producibility and decrease costs.
- Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts.
- Determine root causes of failures using statistical methods and recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Provide technical expertise or support related to manufacturing.
- Incorporate new methods and processes to improve existing operations.
- Troubleshoot new and existing product problems involving designs, materials, or processes.
- Review product designs for manufacturability and completeness.
- Train production personnel in new or existing methods.
- Complete all IQ, Job Hazard Analysis
- Project Management Team (PMT) incident investigation, root cause, CA
- New product launch
- Assigned CPAR’s
- Manage exceptions (NMR, Manufacturing projects, QVs)
- Communicate manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, or other information to facilitate production processes.
- Design, install, or troubleshoot manufacturing equipment.
- Support lean initiatives, workshops on plant floor, and rounds process for assigned area.
- Provide documentation, detailed instructions, drawings, or specifications to tell others about how devices, parts, equipment, or structures are to be fabricated, constructed, assembled, modified, maintained, or used.
- Labor/Material Variance Projects as assigned
- Other projects as assigned.
- Ensure cost containment levels are maintained
- Recommend, design, develop manufacturing process/procedure improvements
- Analyze potential areas for savings or efficiencies.
- Following all rules, regulations and procedures set forth in the safety manual.
- Promoting safety awareness throughout the workplace.
- Alerting supervisors to any safety hazards they discover.
- Wearing appropriate, proper protective equipment whenever required.
- Using guards on tools and machinery whenever required.
- Following proper lifting techniques using legs and not the back.
- Operating any vehicles, equipment, tools or machines only if they are authorized to do so.
- Reporting any injury or loss immediately to the supervisor/team lead.
- Promoting a positive attitude about safety and never performing any unsafe practice that could place the employee or others in danger.
- Providing information to his/her immediate supervisor if a better and safer procedure can be implemented in performing any operation.
- Assure when designing or modifying equipment/workstations that ergonomics and safety are reviewed and work to minimize hazards through engineering controls, administrative controls and lastly personal protective equipment.
- Assure Equipment Hazard Analysis is completed timely as required per MNG.008.
- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Determine best in class frameworks, systems and processes
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- The ability to choose the right mathematical methods or formulas to solve a problem
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Communication Skills
- Active Listening
- Working knowledge of traditional PC based software such as Microsoft Office.
- Systems Analysis & Evaluation
- PLC knowledge as well as Robotics training a plus.
- Autodesk AutoCAD software; Solidworks
- Computer numerical control CNC software; Programmable logic controller PLC software; Microsoft Project
- Lean/Six Sigma knowledge
- Qualified to use machine shop tools a plus.
- SolidWorks Enterprise PDM and SolidWorks CAD software a plus.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Understands regulated type industries
- Knowledge of medical device manufacturer and supplies knowledge preferred
- World-class manufacturing knowledge preferred
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Bachelors Degree (B.S.) in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering and/or Manufacturing Engineering from a four-year college or university.
- 4-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Qualified and interested applicants please submit resumes to Renay.Tucci@ExpressPros.com or call today!
Express Employment Professionals
3140 Sheridan Drive
Amherst, NY 14226
Express Office: Buffalo
3140 Sheridan Drive
Amherst, NY 14226