Located in North Vancouver, BC
Salary: $65,000 - $75,000 (DOE)
We are seeking an Accounting Manager to join an established, privately-owned dental supplies and equipment company in North Vancouver. The ideal candidate will have experience managing a team of accounting professionals in a fast-paced and high-volume environment. The successful candidate is someone hands-on and willing to take ownership of the daily operations of the entire accounting department. If you're looking to join a successful and continually growing company that is committed to excellence, then this is the position for you!
- Oversee the accounting and property accountant department by recruiting, coaching and managing employees’ performance.
- Monitor and enforce internal controls, policies and procedures to improve efficiencies and protect company assets, implementing corrective actions as necessary.
- Analyze accounting data and produce financial reports or statements.
- Assign projects and direct accounting staff to ensure compliance and accuracy.
- Coordinate and complete year-end and annual audits.
- Update and modify existing company accounting system (MXP) to ensure it meets the operational requirements of the accounting team.
- Organize annual inventory count and provide timely reports on results and operational changes required.
- Manage commercial insurance including annual renewal, claims and other related matters.
- Liaise with VPs, sales reps and other department managers to evaluate company reporting requirements.
- Ensure department’s compliance with federal and provincial tax requirements.
- At least 6 years of experience as an Accounting or Finance Manager handling a high-volume of accounts.
- Post-Secondary degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Possess a CPA designation.
- Extensive knowledge of accounting and management principles.
- Experience with multi-province tax administration is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and executing inventory count is an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of MXP and Access is an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce high quality work within tight deadlines.
What’s in it for you?
- Salary range: $65,000 - $75,000 (depending on experience)
- Hours: Monday to Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm (must be willing to work overtime during busy months).
- Full benefits package available immediately.
- Complimentary parking.
- Access to onsite gym facility.
To apply, please forward your resume to Jobs.VancouverDowntownBC@ExpressPros.com or call 604 638 6980 between Monday to Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00pm.
About Express Employment Professionals:
Express can help you find the type of job that is a perfect fit for your needs and abilities, and you'll never pay a fee for our services and support. Express can place you in a wide range of jobs that meet your employment goals, including Labour, Industrial, Administrative, Commercial and Professional positions. In 2015 we put over 500,002 people to work across North America. Let us help you today; we would love to sit down with you to help you determine your next career opportunity!
Express Office: Vancouver (Downtown)
555 West Hastings
Vancouver, BC V6B 4N6