Accounts Payable Specialist
Located in North Vancouver, BC
Salary: $40,000 - $42,000
We are looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist to join an established, privately-owned dental supplies and equipment company in North Vancouver. The ideal candidate will be reporting to the Accounts Payable Manager and will be responsible for processing all invoices received. The successful candidate is someone who takes initiative and operates with a high sense of urgency is processing payments accurately and in a timely manner. If you're looking to join a successful and continually growing company that is committed to excellence, then this is the position for you!
- Match, code and enter invoices and credit notes for inventory.
- Prepare cheque and EFT payments to meet discount and payment terms.
- Reconcile vendor statements.
- Sort, copy and file vendor paperwork.
- Match, code, enter and prepare cheque runs for expense reports (BC & SK) ensuring that they are properly authorized and are compliant with company policies.
- Prepare, file and pay GST/HST returns, BC PST returns and QST returns.
- At least 2 years of accounts payable and general accounting experience.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles and full-cycle accounts payable processes.
- Post-Secondary degree in Accounting, Finance, Management or related field an asset.
- Familiarity with Federal and Provincial taxes including self-assessing and recapture rules.
- Knowledge of provincial tax systems would be an asset.
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced and high-volume environment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Intermediate Excel and Outlook skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce high quality work within tight deadlines.
What’s in it for you?
- Salary range: $40,000 - $42,000 (depending on experience)
- Hours: Monday to Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm (must be willing to work overtime during busy months).
- Full benefits package available after 6 months of probation.
- Complimentary parking.
- Access to onsite gym facility.
To apply, please forward your resume to Jobs.VancouverDowntownBC@ExpressPros.com or call 604 638 6980 between Monday to Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00pm.
About Express Employment Professionals:
Express can help you find the type of job that is a perfect fit for your needs and abilities, and you'll never pay a fee for our services and support. Express can place you in a wide range of jobs that meet your employment goals, including Labour, Industrial, Administrative, Commercial and Professional positions. In 2015 we put over 500,002 people to work across North America. Let us help you today; we would love to sit down with you to help you determine your next career opportunity!
Express Office: Vancouver (Downtown)
555 West Hastings
Vancouver, BC V6B 4N6