Located in York, PA
Salary: $12.50 per hour DOE
Job Family: Technician EEO Category: 3-Technicians
License: If driving for, or on behalf of, any ECS subsidiary, a valid driver’s license is required
Education: High school diploma or GED required
Experience Required: 90 days to two years of related experience
Certification: At a minimum, it is required that nuclear gauge certification, and either basic soils or basic concrete certification be accomplished within the 90-day introductory period. Radiation Safety, basic soils, and basic concrete must be successfully completed within 270 days of employment.
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Professional certifications at the national, regional, or state level as appropriate to the work required
- Dependable and detail-oriented
- Proficiency with oral and written communication
- Must be able to life a minimum of 100 pounds a number of times each day
- Be involved with field observation, testing, sampling and inspection of soils, aggregates, concrete, grout, masonry, asphalt and structural steel placement. Note: All disciplines may not be encountered on every project.
- Under the direction of more senior technicians or staff professionals and project managers, you will perform routine field and/or laboratory tests and assist in more complex tasks, as required. Included may be:
- Soils – In-place density testing using nuclear density gauge or sand cone methods, Proctor [moisture density], Atterberg limits, and sieve analysis methodology.
- Aggregates – Sampling and performing sieve analysis.
- Concrete/Grout/Masonry – Sampling and visual observation, performing air content and slump tests, testing compressive and flexural strength, taking tests of mortar and grout, and obtaining core samples.
- Asphalt – Sampling and performing HMA [hot mix asphalt] tests in both field and laboratory settings using nuclear density gauge and core machines in the field; and solvents and sampling at high temperatures in the laboratory.
- May be involved with calculations and data reduction of test results, drafting and other administrative duties, as required.
- Daily communication is required with site contractors, other technicians and project managers.
- ECS will train candidates in our methodology to perform observations, inspections and testing of building/construction projects and to document findings in accordance with accepted engineering practice, but you should have a sound understanding of construction practices.
- As experience increases, ECS will encourage and aid technicians in increasing level of competence and skills through both internal and external training programs of certification provided by ACI, ASNT, AWS, ICC, NICET, NRCA, RCI, various State DOT’s, WACEL and others, as appropriate. Work Environment: The employee will be regularly exposed to outside weather conditions such as wet and/or humid environments, extreme cold and/or heat, dusty and noisy work environments. Noise levels will typically be moderate to moderately loud. You may also be exposed to high, precarious places. Some weekend and overtime work may be required; overnight travel may be required with this position.Physical Requirements: These physical demands are representative of what a technician may encounter in the field and are essential functions of the position. You will be involved primarily with field work on outside construction sites involving long term standing and perhaps repetitive motions. You must have the ability to use your hands to handle, finger or feel; reach, climb or balance; crouch, stoop, crawl, kneel and sit. You will have the ability to see and smell; including close, distance and peripheral vision, depth vision and ability to focus. You may be required to drive hundreds of miles per day. Lifting – The employee will regularly lift and/or move/shake up to 40 pounds [soil and/or concrete tests and related apparatus]; frequently lift and/or move up to 60-80 pounds [soils and sand samples, and nuclear density equipment]; and occasionally move more than 100 pounds [such as a loaded wheelbarrow of concrete samples]. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position
Dress code: Business Casual
Length of assignment: Evaluation Hire (temp to hire) depending on job performance, attitude, and attendance
Pay Rate: DOE
Ways to Apply:
- CALL TODAY FOR A PHONE INTERVIEW 717-718-HIRE (4473)
- Complete an online application on our website https://www.expresspros.com/yorkpa/
- Resumes may be emailed to Jobs.YorkPA@ExpressPros.com
- Stop by our office at 2210 E. Market St. York, Pa 17402
About Express Employment Professionals:
Express can help you find the type of job that is a perfect fit for your needs and abilities, and you’ll never pay a fee for our services and support. Whether you’re looking for a full-time position, part-time work, or a more flexible schedule, Express can place you in a wide range of jobs that meet your employment goals including Administrative, Commercial, and Professional positions. Benefits available to Eligible Express Associates:
- Medical Plan/Dental Plan
- Holiday Pay (6 Days Observed)
- 401 (k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Vision/Eyewear Plan
- Vacation Pay
- Life Insurance
- Prescription Drug Reimbursement
- Scholarship Program
- Short-Term Disability
- Referral Bonuses
For a complete listing of all open positions, visit www.expresspros.com
Express Office: York
2210 East Market Street
York, PA 17402