Information Technology Manager
Located in Utica, NY
Company located in Rome, NY seeks an Information Technology Manager. The IT Manager is responsible for overseeing the operations of the IT Department
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a related field
- 3-5 years of minimum years of experience
- Experience with asset management and tracking preferred
Duties and Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Supervise equipment program; asset management, repair, life cycle etc.
- Supervise software accounts as an administrator. Ensure current systems meet current and expected future requirements. Make recommendations for substitutions or upgrades.
- Ensure company is maximizing group or business benefits with software licensing.
- Work with purchasing to ensure company is receiving/maximizing hardware business account benefits.
- Create or purchase and tailor appropriate information technology policies to address security and common best practices.
- Plans and executes large scale IT picture. Uses growth projections to plan for best systems for future use and create feasible transition plans with minimal impact to operational tempo.
- Works closely with training to develop quick, simple training for the most technically challenged
- Required to set up corporate office equipment or coordinate the required equipment installation as required
- Maintain all current and future acquired business operating equipment (Examples: phones, tablets, laptops, desktop, VOIP phones, projectors, Smart TVs, printers, scanners, copiers, video recorders, etc. – list is not all inclusive)
- Prepare and maintain tracking process for all equipment assigned to personnel to include hand receipts for equipment purchased on behalf of, equipment purchased, and equipment assigned
- Track all equipment assigned to building by location to include all repairs required and component purchases for repair, such as imaging unit for a copier or fax machine. Intent is to track the cost of repair vs new purchase
- Maintain data of equipment on hand to include age and functionality
- Coordinate with purchasing on handoff of equipment post purchase for set up
- Coordinate recycling of equipment upon end of lifecycle determination
- Wipe & reset electronics that have not yet met lifecycle requirements for reissue
- Coordinate with Purchasing department to identify a lifecycle program through market research
- Assist individuals with lifecycle replacements
- Coordinate with Purchasing department on recommendations of whose devices are nearing end of lifecycle
- Focal point on all equipment set ups, transfers, re-imaging, etc.
- Recommend to management industry changes in IT and equipment to enhance company productivity
- Provide monthly Equipment status to department head to include known incoming and outgoing equipment requirements
- Perform Help-Desk functions for contracted software programs, Operating System functions, basic networking, and hardware integration. – liaison between employee and software help desk whenever possible
- Perform backup administrator functions. (This can be for any of our systems, slack, Egnyte, Namely, etc. – list is not all inclusive)
- Investigate error codes for software used by Deployed Resources
- Maintain and develop system training, quick start guides, IT security training and policies for company personnel
- Coordinate with department heads for specialized quick start guide needs
- Scrub training guides as needed, or at a minimum annually for updates and new processes
- In conjunction with other departments conceptualize, research, and execute long term technology solutions.
- Digest strata plan on where we’re going to be in 5-10 yrs., work with all the departments on forecasting needs
- Advise on the big picture storage solution for current data as well as data required to be maintained for multiple years (may include hard server and/or a re-haul of systems to downsize the number of systems we have).
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills and Specifications
- Familiar with Mac and PC operating systems, system functions & preferences, file recovery and search
- Navigate and troubleshoot basic device connections to PCs & Macs, to include laptops, desktops and tablets. Basic device connections include but are not limited to phones, printers and tablets. Basic device connection methods include USB, HDMI, DVI, Wi-Fi, & Bluetooth, etc.
- Know how to wipe/factory reset Mac and PC systems and re-install OS.
- Can remote troubleshoot software issues (Microsoft Office, Egnyte, Slack, etc.) working through a screen share
- Perform remote log-ins on employee computers to resolve issues
- Familiar with Mac and PC computer operating systems and iPhone and Android cellular phones to support system functions & preferences, file recovery and search for any device.
- An intimate understanding of help functions
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Work Autonomously
- High-level patience
- Intuitive abilities to figure out what people are trying to say they need help with
- Provide excellent customer service to team members as not all members are technically savvy and aren’t sure what they need or how to explain the problem they are having. Ability to be able to walk them through the process of figuring out what exactly they need help with.
- Ability to see if instruction/teaching is not working or making an impression and figuring out how to best teach. Understanding multiple behavior modification techniques and implementation.
- Availability for support 24/7/365
This position supervises the Help Desk Specialist.
This job operates in professional office environments. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, smartphones, photocopiers, filing cabinets canners, and presentation materials. There is an expectation of clear communication in English both written and orally.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Ability to twist, turn, bend, lift, kneel, climb and stand. Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs may occur. Employee will be required to travel (at organization expense) in automobile and/or aircraft.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position based remotely. Typical office hours 8am-5pm daily. We operate 24/7/365 and ability to work flexible hours including nights, holidays, and weekends as needed is required.
Opportunity for travel 5%
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- Must pass a drug test, motor vehicle record check, and a background check
- Must possess a valid driver's license. Have/maintain a clean driving record.
Please submit your resume to this posting. You can also visit us online at www.expressmohawkvalley.com to complete our application or contact our office at 315-790-5723 with any questions. Express Employment Professionals is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Express Office: Utica/Rome
The Landmarc Building
118 Columbia Street, Suite 103
Utica, NY 13502