Dock Associate - 1st Shift
Located in Dallas, TX
Express Employment Professionals has teamed up with a large manufacturing company in Dallas. They are currently hiring for reliable 1st Shift Dock Associates.
SHIFT: 1st Dock Associate
JOB TITLE: Distribution Center/Shipping Associate Technician
LOCATION: DALLAS, TX
REQUIREMENTS: ALL Candidates Must Pass a Drug Screen and a 7 Year County and Federal Criminal Background Check.
MFG POSITIONS: Dock Associate – The “Dock Associate” is still considered 1st shift with the difference being hours are slightly changed. Primary duties would be to man the dock and sort and stack boxes on skids to be delivered to receiving from the various couriers. Other duties may involve receiving, cycle counting and put-aways.
GENERAL FUNCTION: The Distribution Center/Shipping Department offers entry-level opportunities. DC Associates are responsible for supporting the department by meeting productivity and quality standards.
- Adhere to and motivate others to follow the work instructions.
- May be required to complete equipment calibration and setup; promptly communicate any maintenance issues to supervision.
- Proactively identify quality, process, and workflow problems; inform supervision of any outstanding or reoccurring issues.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude; treat all associates with respect and dignity. Report any issues/concerns to supervision.
- Must be reliable in attendance and punctuality, including breaks and lunch periods.
- Maintain a clean, safe work area; notify supervision of potential safety/health issues.
- Support, follow, and monitor all safety requirements and provide immediate feedback to all/anywhere necessary.
- Maintain adherence to company policies.
- Assume additional responsibilities and perform special projects as needed or directed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITES:
- Minimum High School or GED required.
- Previous experience working in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Able to prioritize, maintain organization, and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work well with all associates.
- Able to work 12 hours shifts, sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Bend or twist as needed.
- Use of repetitive motion of hands and wrists
- Lift up to 30 pounds.
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment, including but not limited to gloves, apron, safety eyewear, face shield, ear plugs, lab coat, hair net, mask
***NOTE: This is a manufacturing environment and candidates MUST be comfortable with standing on their feet all day with intermediate periods of sitting.
Express Office: Dallas (North)
14755 Preston Road
Dallas, TX 75254