Manufacturing Machine Mechanic
Located in Fredericksburg, VA
We are looking for an experienced Manufactoring Machine Technician. This position is responsible for maintaining/ installing to keeping complex production machinery and systems up and running in an efficient and accurate manner to consistently meet production needs. 3rd shift position available.
Maintain machinery to support the flow of production throughout the facility. Maintain and resolve facility issues inside and out.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure operation of machinery by completing preventative maintenance requirements.
- Fix and repair machinery as needed.
- Maintain parts inventory in maintenance area and keep critical spares on hand.
- Order parts and supplies as needed or required for the maintenance department.
- Keep all tools clean and ensure they are working properly.
- Keep work area organized and clear of debris at all times.
- Communicate professionally with co-workers and keep Supervisor aware of any safety concerns.
- Abide and adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Participate in trainings and comply with safety regulations.
Education-High School Diploma or equivalent preferred but not requ.
- Knowledge of general purpose tools needed.
- Knowledge of electrical motors and wiring.
- Knowledge of schematics and diagrams of machinery.
- Job requires the ability to be at a “on call” status during off hours.
- Able to work with others in a professional manner.
- Able to take directives given by the Floor Supervisor and work in a safe and organized fashion.
This job requires the daily use of Proper PPE (personal protective equipment) to protect eyes and hearing. This is a dusty environment and use of voluntary respirators is allowed and provided. Employee must be able to work in different weather conditions that is predicted at the facility for that day of business. Job involves using chemicals occasionally to clean, dress, lubricate and maintain tools, parts, motors and various machinery. Job requires the ability to safely work with
machines and tooling that is subject to high temperatures.
Position requires the ability to lift over 50 pounds occasionally. Employee must be able to bend, kneel, stoop, pull, and push regularly and have the ability to firmly grip tools and parts. Position requires the ability to climb ladders and to reach overhead when needed.
Express Office: Stafford
233 Garrisonville Road
Suite 102 1/2 and 103
Stafford, VA 22554