Cellular Service Technician
Located in Monroe, MI
Salary: Pay Range: $15 - $30 an hour
Express Employment Professionals in Howell/Brighton is working with a company in the Monroe area to fill several fulltime Cellular Service Technician positions. These are Direct Hire positions.
Day Shift but need to be flexible
Pay Range: $15 - $30 an hour depending on skill and experience.
The Small Cellular Technician will work with the Engineering Team with responsibilities that include installation, troubleshooting and testing small cell sites. The Small Cellular Technician will be the first to respond to outages and impairments and make the needed repairs to assigned networks. This role also requires preventative maintenance inspections to remote DAS equipment and host related equipment as well as the application of safe work practices to all work-related tasks.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installation of small cell hardware and equipment for both aerial and underground locations.
- Installation and termination of ½” coaxial cables.
- Installation of required power and grounding.
- Read and interpret blueprints and other project documents. These will include, but not limited to, specifications, reporting, and design requirements.
- Operation and understanding of RF test equipment such as PIM unit, Sweep meter and Light meter.
- Take site survey photos of work performed.
- Accurately complete project documents as required then collect and submit to the companies support team. Documents must be submitted on time with required tools.
- Must work in a team environment that requires regular communication with other company employees, vendors, and clients.
- Maintain a clean and organized company vehicle. Ensure all tools, equipment and materials can be accounted for and maintained.
- Must be flexible and able to travel to project sites for up to two weeks at a time.
- Accommodate on-call schedule rotation with other Technicians.
- Must comply with all job safety requirements including the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read a compass and determine azimuths.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and multi-task effectively.
- Ability to work independently while maintaining a sense of urgency.
- Ability to learn and support new and quickly changing technologies.
- Comfortable using a computer with Windows 10 Operating System.
- Must present a positive, professional image to employees, customers, and clients in all interactions.
- Must have excellent communication skills, a positive attitude, a high energy level, and work well with people.
- Must maintain professional standards for grooming, hygiene, and appearance at all times.
- Must follow company policies and procedures at all times.
- Experience operating and driving a bucket truck, including a boom, in a public right of way.
- Experience using JMA connector and other connector preferred. Certification not required.
- Basic computer and digital camera skills.
- Availability to work Monday-Friday with occasional weekends and overtime as the project requires.
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Possess a valid Chauffeur’s License.
- One year minimum of related experience is required.
- Ability to pass a national background check, motor vehicle records check and drug screen.
- Must be able to legally work in the United States.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Ability to stand, kneel and crouch for extended periods, climb ladders and lift up to 85 pounds.
- Ability to work outdoors in unfavorable weather conditions.
- Must meet DOT physical requirements.
- Ability to work at heights greater than or equal to 40 feet.
- Competitive salary
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Personal Life Insurance Policy and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Sick Time Off
- 401(k) matching plan
- Company provided phone, laptop and vehicle for work use
- Required travel includes hotel expense paid for by the company
- Per diem provided for meal expense
To Apply send resumes to email@example.com , go to www.expresshowell.com or call 517-546-jobs to discuss details.
Express Office: Howell (Brighton)
2160 Grand River Annex
Brighton, MI 48114