Located in Toronto, ON
Warehouse Supervisor (Salary: $50K / year)
Our client, a well-established distribution company, is looking for a Warehouse Supervisor to add to their growing team.
BENEFITS TO YOU:
- Salary of $50K per year depending on experience
- Full benefits after 3 months’ probation
- 2 weeks’ vacation to start
- Free parking
- Discount program on staff purchases
- Well established company
- Growth opportunities
- 2-3 years of supervisory experience in a fast-paced warehouse environment with specific exposure to both shipping/receiving and inventory control.
- Hold a valid G driver''s license and comfortable driving 16'' truck short distances for inventory deliveries.
- Certified to operate forklift / cherry picker lift.
- Experience working with courier shipping software (Purolator, UPS, FedEx and Canada Post).
- Specific experience with import and export of goods from both overseas and US.
- Computer skills knowledge of working with ERP & WMS systems (SAP Business One and Power Pick Global skills a definite asset). Position also requires MS-Office skills for Outlook, Word & Excel.
- Demonstrates a take-charge attitude with a focus on problem resolution
- Positive attitude; team oriented; good organizational skills; ability to prioritize; ensure stated goals are met.
- Self-motivated with strong work ethic
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage competing deadlines and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to lift to 40 lbs. A moderate amount of physical effort is required, standing, walking and carrying for part of the day, moving product throughout the warehouse.
- Supervises and coordinates the activities of personnel engaged in the loading/unloading of materials and products from the warehouse.
- Supervises the sorting, carrying, stacking, moving and storing of goods and materials.
- Plans for staffing requirements to ensure efficient operation of warehouse while maintaining budgeted labour amounts.
- Hands-on assistance during daily/seasonal peak periods.
- Trains employees in department including company policies, safety policies and operating procedures.
- Receives daily inbound product shipments from couriers and freight forwarders.
- Adheres to company shipping standards and customer specific shipping requirements for shipment and delivery to appropriate departments/personnel.
- Puts away shipments using WMS and log shipment receipts in various systems as required.
- Packs and prepares customer shipments.
- Prepares shipping documentation such as: Delivery Slips, Courier Labels, Customs Documentation.
- Communicates daily shipment report to stakeholders.
- Has an accurate pulse of inventory currently on hand by validating inventory cycle counts performed regularly and as per company protocol.
- Processes and Procedures
- Ensures that industry standard receiving procedures and documentation are followed.
- Ensures that all company internal processes and procedures are followed including incoming inventory process and outgoing inventory process.
- Ensures all safety guidelines and procedures are followed.
- Participates and ensures health and safety policies and procedures are adhered to.
- *All Other Job Duties as Assigned
This is an excellent full-time work opportunity with a well – established company located in North York. Work hours are from Mon to Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Pay is $50K per year depending on experience.
Benefits to you:
This is a permanent placement position with our client company. The successful candidate will be placed on the client company payroll immediately. Express Employment Professionals has been asked to conduct a Candidate Search for our client and will not be payrolling the successful candidate.
We appreciate and thank all applicants; however, we will only contact those qualified for the position for an interview.
Express Office: Toronto (North)
1110 Finch Avenue West
Toronto, ON M3J 2T2