Mechanical Assembler - Earn up to $23/hr. in first year!
Located in Waunakee, WI
Salary: $20.75 - $23/hr.
We are currently seeking Assembler candidates for a client located in Waunakee, a company that makes residential and commercial ventilation systems. This is a growing company that offers excellent growth opportunity and great working environment for employees.
This position is responsible for participating in job-based teams to fabricate and assemble our commercial ventilation units and accessories according to current drawings and specifications. Adherence to all procedures relating to materials, quality, assembly and testing, as well as all general commercial and company procedures is essential.
Job Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Fabricate ventilation units and accessories according to drawings and specifications
- Assure product meets the highest quality standards
- Coordinate / cooperate with other assemblers to achieve best overall flow of work on the production floor
- Complete all necessary forms including: unit inspection, non-conforming, kitting, part shortage, unit testing, documentation, and engineering changes
- Maintain a neat and organized workspace
- Adhere to and promote company policies and procedures
- Actively identify, suggest and help implement improvements to the build specification, general work spaces, tools and procedures
- Search for personal and team improvement opportunities
- Promote a safe, pleasant and professional work environment
Qualified applicants will have:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 Years relevant manufacturing experience or equivalent
- Mathematical skills that require the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, along with the ability to read measurements in inches and feet
- Experience with portable power tools and hand tools preferred
- Mechanical Aptitude & Repair skills
- The ability to lift up to 75 pounds occasionally
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with team members
- Problem-Solving/Troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to work in a team to plan, lay out, and meet production and schedule requirements as a team from start to finish
- Ability to produce high quality work with attention to detail
Hours: Full-time, 1st and 2nd shift, Monday-Friday schedule. Hours may vary depending on business need.
- $20.75 for 1st
- $21.75 for 2nd shift
*** $1.25/hr early bonus pay out after successful completion of evaluation period, and multiple opportunities for pay increases with certifications and annual increases.
This is an evaluation-hire opportunity. With good performance and attendance, the successful candidate will be hired to the client's team and eligible for benefits.
Express does offer benefits for associates during the probationary period:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Holiday Pay (6 Days Observed)
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Vision/Eyewear Plan
- Vacation Pay
- Life Insurance
- Prescription Drug Reimbursement
- Short-Term Disability
- Referral Bonuses
Interested candidates can apply many ways:
- Call/text 608-663-1940 for immediate consideration and to start conversation and application with a Recruiting Specialist
- Submit online application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send resumes to email@example.com
Express Office: Madison West (Fitchburg)
2980 Cahill Main
Fitchburg, WI 53711