Accounts Receivable Representative
Located in Medford, OR
The primary purpose of the Accounts Receivable Representative in this medical office is to efficiently process all denied charges and be a resource to the Revenue Cycle Manager for solution to AR questions and issues. Accurate processing of denials will ensure reliable cash flow to position the company strategically and enhance the organization’s growth potential.
- Work assigned AR each day for resolution, being mindful of turn-around times, AR trends, and large variances in charge/tickler volume.
- Perform review of attorney settlements.
- Process insurance denials and appeals to ensure timely account resolution.
- Identify denial trends and determine process changes to prevent future denials.
- Assist with or obtain preauthorization as require by various carriers.
- Work with other teams to address editing, coding and payment related issues.
- Back up and assist Customer Service Unit as needed for all Clients.
- Maintain compliance according to government insurance regulations and managed care contractual obligations.
- Maintain regulatory compliance by staying abreast of current trends and regulations in the financial and healthcare industries.
- Promote a culture that reflects the organization’s values, encourages good performance, and enhances productivity.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other related duties as required.
High School Diploma or General Education Degree
Two years related experience and/or training
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Intermediate computer proficiency.
Able to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Professional written and verbal communication, able to present complex ideas effectively.
Must be responsible for performance and continual improvement.
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Thorough understand of HIPAA compliance and consequences.
Able to work collaboratively with internal and external clients and professionals.
Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Skilled in interpreting technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
Express Office: Medford
3523 Arrowhead Drive
Medford, OR 97504