Window Washer/Building Exterior Maintenance (Direct Hire)
Located in Seattle, WA
Salary: $18.00-$26.00/hour DOE
We are working with a client in Downtown Seattle, seeking a self-motivated, friendly individual to job their exterior building maintenance department.
Schedule: 4am-12:30pm Monday through Friday - Pay rate will be $18.00-$26.00/hour, DOE
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and reach with hands and arms, and perform work on ladders. The employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects and tools; required to individually lift and carry tools and equipment weighing up to 100 pounds to and around job site. Must sometimes perform work in difficult positions such as straining to reach over-head while maintaining balance on a ladder. The use of personal protective equipment is required as it applies to working in outdoor conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Clean (wash and dry) interior and exterior window=s, doors and other glass surfaces at high rise commercial office buildings, retail and residential buildings.
Drive to and from multiple job sites using personal vehicle
Lift and move bulky, heavy tools and equipment up to 100 pounds
Work from extension ladders, scaffolding and bosuns chairs, willing to work at heights of up to 600 feet above ground
Use tools provided by the company including putty knives, screwdrivers, brushes, squeegees, rags, ropes, solvents and cleaning solutions
Examine existing seals, identify and report any necessary repairs or maintenance
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- A valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and reliable transportation
Knowledge and understanding of window washing techniques and safety protocols
Willing to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
Ability to listen to and follow verbal and written instructions in English
Ability to work both independently and as part of a group
Ability and willingness to follow safety procedures and OSHA regulations
Willing to work with a variety of chemicals and solvents
This company offers an incredibly competitive benefits package, including:
- Medical and dental insurance (company pays 90-95% of monthly cost)
- Essentially, the employee has the potential to be reimbursed their entire medical deductible amount, employees must simply submit a request, and employees are not required to contribute any money to this account.
- 401k plan after 1,000 hours worked - 3-5% company match
- 10 days/vacation per year for first 0-5 years employed (increases by 5 days every 5 years employed)
- 7 paid sick days/year
- 8-10 paid holidays/year
- Overtime for any hours worked over 40/week
- 100% bus, train, light rail, ferry passes for employees.
- Free parking on site
Express Office: Seattle
2401 Fourth Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121