Jr. Electrical Engineer, M136
Located in Virginia Beach, VA
Salary: $65,000+ yr DOE
Engineering firm specializing in mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, and technology engineering design services, is seeking an experience
Jr. Mechanical Engineer to join their growing Virginia Beach team.
Direct Hire, Full Time (Mon-Fri) Permanent Position.
Pay: $ 65,000+ yr DOE
TO APPLY : Please email your up to date resume (in a Word Document or other editable format such as a PDF) to: email@example.com and include the job title (Jr. Mechanical Engineer, M136) on the subject line. If your experience and skills match the job requirements we will contact, you to continue the screening/interview process.
The Virginia Beach Express Employment Professionals office is a locally owned recruiting firm that focuses on assisting career minded professionals locate the right job environment within South Hampton Roads. Our desire is to help candidates move their careers forward ! There is never a fee to our candidates.
- Possess either a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology from an accredited
- Have 5-10 years of experience in Electrical systems design, hold an active Engineer in Training (EIT) certification, or active Professional Engineering (PE) license in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Experience in the design of power distribution systems, lighting systems, telecommunication systems, fire alarm systems and other building related electrical systems such as CCTV, access control systems, public address,
- This person must be a team player and contribute to the success of the overall project by working closely with the Project Manager and other project
- Retain or working towards additional discipline-specific certification/accreditation including but not limited to: BICSI - Registered Communication Distribution Designer (RCDD), Outside Plan Designer (OSP), Electronic Security Specialist (ESS), Certified Technology Specialist – Designer (CTS-D).
- Strong organizational, graphic presentation, verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Demonstrate proficiency in CAD/BIM applications; Revit (preferred), AutoCAD products as well as Microsoft Office
- Working in a professional and collaborative design environment with Owners, D/B Managers, Contractors, Prime and Sub-
- Coordinate MEP building systems with architectural design.
- Monitor engineering cost, product cost, and schedule of assigned job or Develop new ideas and concepts for improvement in engineering operations.
- Performing assessments of facility conditions, inspect and troubleshoot electrical systems (including technology) and controls.
- Provide electrical engineering calculations, prepare design drawings and specifications, and perform construction administration
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously while demonstrating leadership by implementing new concepts, technology, and
Additional Experience/Skills Desired:
- Sustainable & High Performance Building Design Design-Build project delivery method
- Cost Estimating (MCACES, SUCCESS, TRACES and/or RS Means COSTWORKS)
- Virginia Department of General Services (DGS), Division of Engineering & Buildings (DEB), Construction and Professional Services Manual (CPSM) training
Express Office: Virginia Beach
4530 Professional Circle
Virginia Beach, VA 23455