Located in Medford, OR
Express Employment is recruiting for a Reimbursement Clerk for a local medical specialty group in the performance of clerical tasks to assist the Reimbursement Team. Accurate performance of all clerical responsibilities will provide excellent customer service for various aspects of the billing process.
- Reports to work as scheduled and on time per policy with predictable regular attendance. Time away from work is approved and taken in accordance with established policies.
- Takes all reasonable steps to maintain confidentiality of all information related to patients, medical staff, employees, and as appropriate, other information, ensuring compliance with HIPAA mandates.
- Demonstrates positive interpersonal communications in dealing with all others. Recognizes and respects differences in the work place. Demonstrates openness, sensitivity and commitment to the coworkers, patients, family members, and any other visitors to MRG.
- Consistently demonstrates and incorporates principles of safety and infection control into daily activities. Maintains current knowledge of disaster policies and participates appropriately in disaster drills. Expresses and applies principles of body mechanics to prevent injury and accidents.
- Displays consistent commitment to customer service and team work. Displays personal behavior that has a positive impact for the team.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to staying current in field of knowledge, expanding knowledge and skill, and contributing to organizational success.
- Displays ability to work in an ever-changing environment and participate constructively in change processes.
- Attends staff meetings, completes education program as requested or approved by MRG.
- Process and prepare incoming faxes for the Reimbursement Team for posting.
- Retrieve daily bank deposit detail for internal collection sheet tracking.
- Prepare daily deposit worksheets for the outsource partner.
- Prepare payment batches by retrieving Explanation of Benefits from payer websites and importing into the document management system.
- Retrieve and review incoming Reimbursement mail. Scan, sort or handle as directed.
- Handle bank deposits through Remote Image Devices for various clients.
- Handle outgoing correspondence by preparing refund checks, letters, and other correspondence for mailing.
- Research to resolve and handle returned refund checks.
- Promote a culture that reflects the organization’s values, encourages good performance and enhances productivity.
- Contribute to team effort by providing clerical assistance in special projects as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED); and
- Up to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate computer proficiency, including Microsoft Excel, is required in this role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Communication skills: Able to read and comprehend most documents, such as safety rules, operating procedures and instructions. He/she must also be able to write routine correspondence and present more complex ideas effectively to others.
- Reasoning Ability: Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. He/she must also be able to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Responsibility for Errors: Properly perform the duties outlined to prevent inefficiencies within the RCM department.
- Routine Contact with Others: The person in this role will represent MRG by working collaboratively with internal customers, sites, hospitals and vendors.
- Confidential Data: This position has access to confidential data pertaining to patients. Failure to safeguard the aforementioned could negatively impact the company significantly, as the company could be liable for HIPAA violations and other related infringements.
- Special Equipment: Job duties require use of a computer (Microsoft Office Suite 2007 – Excel, Word; Imagine – Billing software); 10-key calculator, copier/fax/scanner, printer and phone.
Express Office: Medford
3523 Arrowhead Drive
Medford, OR 97504