Located in Flint, MI
Salary: $18 - $22/hour
Express Employment Professionals of Howell/Brighton is looking for an experienced Safety Coordinator to join the team at a well-established packaging company in the Flint area. This is an excellent company offering long-term growth!
This is a day shift opportunity $18 - $22/hour (depending on experience).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Schedule, coordinate and/or conduct initial, on the job, refresher and reoccurring safety/compliance training
- Organize and maintain training records
- Responsible for the annual review and continuous improvement of safety procedures and other items pertaining to safety, security, environmental, hazard, and wellness
- Review current safety literature and attend relevant events
- Responsible for environmental certification and compliance with waste removal and hazardous waste procedures
- Ensure facilities and work stations are inspected for conditions that may compromise safety and that such conditions are corrected in a timely manner
- Collaborates with leadership to develop corrective and preventative actions without compromising the functional integrity, intended purposes, or efficiency of the equipment, process, or procedures
- Ensures effectiveness of routine inspections (fire extinguisher, fire suppression systems, eye wash stations, AED equipment, semi-annual fire inspection for computer room at FPI, storm water inspections, etc.)
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma
- Two-year degree or equivalent work experience in safety or training
- Storm Water Certification or ability to pass EGLE test within 3 months of hire
- MIOSHA Certification or ability obtain within 12 months of hire
- Knowledge of OSHA/MIOSHA requirements
- Computer Skills (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and public speaking)
- Excellent reading comprehension and research skills
- Reasoning, Problem Solving, and Implementation skills
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 517-546-5627.
Benefits of working with Express: Here at Express, we will assess your skills, offer you interview and resume writing tips, and work with you to find a job that fits your needs and abilities. You will never pay a fee at Express, and you’ll have the opportunity to earn benefits such as medical insurance, holiday pay, vacation pay, referral bonuses and much more. To find out more, contact us today! Express Employment is a Veteran friendly employer.
Express Office: Howell (Brighton)
2160 Grand River Annex
Brighton, MI 48114