Garmet Pattern Maker
Located in Indianapolis, IN
The company is a highly regarded motor sports safety manufacturer. Their products are proudly manufactured in the USA and are the safety products of choice for professional race car drivers in NHRA, Indy Car, NASCAR, dirt track, short track and more. Their commitment to quality, coupled with exceptional customer service and technical support, is demonstrated throughout our 15-year history.
· Create patterns using renderings from internal art department and customer’s
· Create patterns using renderings from our internal art department and customer’s measurements to produce custom driver suits and other related apparel.
· Maintain digital and keep physical files organized current and organized.
· Strong proficiency in hand patterning garments when necessary.
· Efficiently plot and nest patterns to reduce waste using Optitex patterning software.
· Produce accurate hand patterns or patterning files for Lectra CNC cutter.
· Work with and understand various aramid and other technical fabrics.
· Measure drivers and crew as needed to create custom driving and crew suits.
· Excellent sewing skills and perform alterations if necessary.
· Other tasks as requested by supervisor.
Location: West Indianapolis, IN.
· Must be able to work closely and well with others in a team environment.
· Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in fashion design.
· Experience in hand patterning, grading, draping, design development, production sewing, planning and scheduling as well as textile sciences.
· Experience with pattern making software: Optitex, Gerber, etc.
· Create technical packs for current and future product lines.
· Knowledge of various technical fabrics, construction techniques, and fit standards.
· Sharp eye for detail and design.
· Strong knowledge base and experience in sewing and construction
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Mathematical skills and knowledge in both the Imperial and Metric Measurement systems.
· Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
· English required, bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
About Express Employment Professionals:
Express can help you find the type of job that is a perfect fit for your needs and abilities, and you will never pay a fee for our services and support. Whether you're looking for a full-time position, part-time work, or a more flexible schedule, Express can place you in a wide range of jobs that meet your employment goals, including Administrative, Industrial, and Professional positions. Let us help you today! For more information, please visit our website www.Expressindywest.com
Benefits Available to Eligible Express Associates
- Referral Bonus
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plan
- Direct Deposit
- Holiday/Vacation Pay
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Life Insurance
- Prescription Drug Reimbursement
- Scholarship Program
- Short-Term Disability For a complete listing of all open positions, visit Our Jobs page.
How to apply:
Email your resume to Gretchen.Cardwell-Lewis@expresspros.com
Office: 6233 Corporate Drive Indianapolis, IN 46278; near the 71st street exit of 465 on the NW side of Indianapolis.
For up to date job postings, prize giveaways, and MORE; follow us on Facebook and Twitter!
Express Office: Indianapolis (West)
6233 Corporate Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46278