Machine Operator- Day shift/Afternoon Shift
Located in Scarborough, ON
Salary: $16/hr + .60/Hr afternoon shif
Our client,a very well established manufacturing company, is looking for several Machine operators and General labourers to join their growing team.
Key responsibilities of the position include:
- Operate a machine that cuts product to size
- Inspect finished product for length and damages
- Remove any product that does meet specifications
- Keep the production area neat and clean
- Report any breakdowns or tooling problems to the lead hand
- Repetitively place small steel components into a clamp (fixture)
- Other General duties as assigned
- Assisting new/or junior operators
- Accordingly report and document results of the machine’s output
- Proven ability to function in a self-directed environment.
- Must excel in a fast-paced, agile environment where critical thinking and strong problem solving skills are required for success.
- Innovative thinker who is positive, proactive, and readily embraces change.
- Must read and write and speak English
- Knowledge of the products manufactured in the factory.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations.
- Ability to understand quality control methods.
- Ability to use various machines and practical skills.
- Able to follow and execute instructions.
- Accurate, patient, careful, responsible, and quick and alert.
- Be comfortable in dealing with numbers such as making calculations, taking measurements, analyzing data.
This is an excellent long term position. The company is located in East York. The pay is $16/hr . Work schedule is Mondays thru Fridays from 3pm to 11pm.
Express Office: Toronto (North)
1110 Finch Avenue West
Toronto, ON M3J 2T2