Located in Eureka, CA
Express Employment Professionals is recruiting for an Investment Administrator for a career path opportunity within a locally owned investment company. This is an excellent opportunity for a career minded person who is looking to get into the financial Field. This company focuses on wealth management. The team prides itself on excellence in customer service which has resulted in the company being one of the top 5% investment firms in the country, right here in Eureka! The strategic plan includes growing the company while maintaining their commitment to high service for clients and strong team work. The ideal candidate will work with the entire team to coordinate all client service activities with a focus on delivering the ultimate client experience. The best candidates are highly ethical and self-motivated, working well within the team setting. Candidates should also be able to work independently with a high degree of quality and discipline.
As someone seeking work in the wealth management field, the right candidate will be a person who seeks stability and security through long term employment and career growth opportunities.
- Possess a passion to assist team members and clients
- Reliable follow through on commitments
- Fast learner
- Able to take direction and execute a plan
- Detail oriented
- Flexible and accommodating
- Excellent working knowledge of Outlook, Excel, and Word, including charting, graphs, tables, and other visual aids
- Ability to learn in-house tools and programs
- Able to manage and prioritize tasks and time management
- Conscientious of the shared environment
- Patient approach to work
- Friendly and warm disposition
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Accountable, learning from mistakes
- Exceptional listening skills
- A self-starter who can take on projects with minimal direction
- Understanding of relationship-based selling
Key Responsibilities at this Level
- Coordinate service activities and delegate appropriate tasks to team members
- Manage relationships with clients and internal and external resource providers
- Generate and manage client communications and tasks by telephone, mail, and Internet
- Fulfill client requests and manage service-related issues
- Participate in ongoing business development, marketing, and advertising projects and meetings as needed
- Adhere to rules and regulations as stated in required by advisor and the SEC
- Work with advisers during client meetings and resulting documentation, client meeting preparation, and process
- Prepare visual aids to be used in implementation meetings with clients and potential clients
- Understanding of our investment approach
What makes a great Investment Administrator (IA)?
This set of characteristics develops over the first couple years in the position. Do you see yourself here?
- Knows the client better than the Advisor does, including their holdings, accounts, financial, and family situation off the top of your head and what the firm is up to with each account
- Main contact for clients, building relationship with them over time
- Follows up on everything for the client as agreed and leads the service process for their own clients
- Makes sure the client is serviced with excellence and handles issues when the company is not being excellent, going the extra mile
- Maintains continuous conversation with the Advisor about changes with the client
- Makes sure the firm is keeping promises to clients
- Understand the Company''s process and speaks with confidence about what is possible and not possible on behalf of a client account
- Understand the various alternatives to transferring accounts, distributing funds, settling estates, gifting assets, etc. and able to incorporate this into recommendations
- On time with to-do''s
- Able to speak with ease about how fees work so they are prepared to be part of any fee conversation with clients and prospects
Desired Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A BA is preferred and required for candidates who desire to pursue certification
- A minimum three years experience in a professional office environment is desirable
- Experience in financial services industry is not required but is preferred
Compensation, Training, and Future Potential
Entry level pay is $15 to $17 per hour. Benefits include shared cost of medical insurance, generous holiday, vacation, and personal time off policy, generous retirement plan matching and profit sharing, annual bonuses based on revenues, and training opportunities. As a long term opportunity, the company will provide the training and experience for the right candidate to pursue their Certified Financial Planner certification, a multi-year process of education and practice in the financial planning field. As candidates build skills, learn the firm''s investment methods, and pursue training and certification can expect their income to grow. The first year of compensation is anticipated to be $30,000-$38,000 including bonuses. The second year is anticipated to be $40,000 to $45,000 with bonuses. After five years or when employees reach the Advisor level of training, experience, and certification, the anticipated income is around $80,000 per year. The company is owned and managed by partners and over time, partnership opportunities may be available as well. This is truly a long term career opportunity where your employer is willing to invest in YOU!
If this sounds like a path to your dreams, apply today!!
Four ways to apply!
Express Office: Eureka
14 West Wabash Avenue
Eureka, CA 95501